gqrx + Cloud-IQ

Paulo Pinto

Apr 27, 2018, 7:38:51 AM4/27/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Sorry for my inexperience and possible noob question.

I have a Cloud-IQ that is connected to my router and has the IP address 192.168.1.8

I want to use gqrx to connect remotely to the Cloud-IQ. When I choose Cloud-IQ on the I/O device list, I got the string cloudiq=127.0.0.1:50000. If I change to cloudiq=192.168.1.8:50000, the I/O device changes to other and there is no connection. I've opened udp port 50000 on the router.

Can you tell me if what I want is possible?

Many thanks!
Paulo Pinto, CT1ETE

Alexandru Csete

Apr 27, 2018, 8:19:29 AM4/27/18
to Gqrx
Hi Paulo,

Gqrx only supports the I/Q mode and not the cloud mode. For cloud mode
you need to use the RemoteSdrClient.

Alex

Paulo Pinto

Apr 27, 2018, 8:21:11 AM4/27/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex

I am using it I  I/Q mode with static IP address.

Alexandru Csete

Apr 27, 2018, 8:30:02 AM4/27/18
to Gqrx
Then I don't know, sorry. It should automatically detect the device on
the network and fill in the correct IP address. Perhaps some UDP
traffic is not getting through the network. Also note that you need to
start DSP quite quickly after configuring the device, because
otherwise the connection will time out (it's a bug in the driver).

Be careful with opening ports up in your router. Normally you don't
need to do that on LAN.

Alex
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/CADqMb9HEu_KzH7E54nE2XrFktTiPyqtf2WPTK0C5OHqfiesBog%40mail.gmail.com.

Paulo Pinto

Apr 27, 2018, 8:34:25 AM4/27/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex

As far as I understand, I must choose in I/O device RFSPACE Cloud-IQ Receiver and let the string be cloudiq=127.0.0.1:50000 and quickly start DSP. Or should I change string to nanually indicate device IP? I assume it should detect IP automatically.

Thanks

Alexandru Csete

Apr 27, 2018, 8:47:50 AM4/27/18
to Gqrx
There is a discovery protocol that allows gqrx to discover the cloudiq
on the network. If that works gqrx will already show the serial number
and the correct IP address in the IO configuration dialog, see
attached screenshots. If it does not, it will probably not work even
if you enter the correct IP address.

Which version of gqrx are you using?

Can you use your cloudiq with sprectavue or SDR Radio on windows?

Alex
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/CADqMb9FBagO4fz8s_Thw2A7%2BcGiUO3MuCQeyW38O%2BeExtJ6z_A%40mail.gmail.com.
screenshot_0009.png
screenshot_0010.png

Paulo Pinto

Apr 27, 2018, 9:04:40 AM4/27/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Don't remember right now which version I am using, but I think it's the latest for Mac OSX. With windows and Spectravue or Sdr Radio everything is OK.

Alexandru Csete

Apr 27, 2018, 7:59:31 PM4/27/18
to Gqrx
Well, the last things I can recommend is to start gqrx from a terminal
and see whether there are any clues in the error message and to try
other applications like Moe's CuteSDR
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cutesdr/files/

Alex

elwood...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2018, 10:07:30 PM4/27/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hello Paulo,

I am using my Cloud-IQ with gqrx 2.11.3 on macOS 10.13.3 and they work very well together. I have tried other SDR apps for macOS and for Windows also (using Parallels) and this is by far my favorite combination. Alex has done an outstanding job and offers excellent support.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in to encourage you that it can be done. I have included screen shots from gqrx and the CloudSetup.app utility showing my configuration. Perhaps something here will help you.

I will emphasize one point Alex has already stated that you must connect very quickly after starting gqrx otherwise it will not work. Another possibility relates to the fact that occasionally I use a VPN to connect to my work from home. If I forget to turn it off I can not connect to the IQ and it can be confusing until I remember to disconnect. Regarding opening router ports, this should definitely not be required when connecting devices on the LAN or "inside" of the router.

Feel free to contact me directly if you think I can be of any help.

73, Elwood, WB0OEW

gqrx cloud-iq.png
CloudSetup V 1.11.png
Cloud-IQ Setup.png