Rotary Encoder

David Celedon

Jan 23, 2018, 8:21:10 AM1/23/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hi everyone!, my name is David, first of all , i am sorry for my english, i am an amateur radio operator and a developer from Argentina.

I want to ask if there is already a hardware remote control to operate gqrx, with a rotary encode for the frequency change and some other button for the interface, as if it were a midi interface .. Otherwise I would like to be guided by where to start to develop one and share it with the community. I know most people like tactile interfaces, but I find it interesting to be able to put together a protocol so that each one can assemble their physical control at will, this is an improvement rather than an error :) regards!

Alexander Fasching

Jan 23, 2018, 8:30:33 AM1/23/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I think this topic has come up a few times on this mailing list.

An interface to control Gqrx without changing it's source code already
exists. Check out the remote control interface:
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/blob/master/resources/remote-control.txt