Cannot resize waterfall in 2.11.1 on RPI3/Stretch

alex.p...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2018, 4:58:31 PM3/31/18
to Gqrx SDR
First of all I want to congratulate you on the great GQRX software, Alex! Excellent job! I've been running version 2.9 for quite some time with great success.

I run GQRX on a RPI3-B running Stretch with a 8" Eyoyo monitor at a maximum resolution of 1024x768. I use a RTL-SDR dongle that takes the input after the first preamp of an IC-275H all mode radio. This makes an excellent combination for VHF contesting because it allows me to see the whole weak signal portion at once and click-tune a signal. This really bring this old 80s era radio into the 21st century.

Today I tried version 2.11.1 and ran into a problem:

With version 2.9 I was able to resize the waterfall/spectrum view, but it seems to have a minimal fixed width in version 2.11.1 that I just tried. I cannot resize the waterfall to make it fit on my little monitor anymore. Unfortunately, that makes version 2.11.1 unusable for my setup, and have to revert back to 2.9. I did make sure I have all the latest updates and prerequisites loaded. Did I perhaps miss a setting or configuration parameter?

Cheers,
--Alex

Message has been deleted

Robin Gape

Mar 31, 2018, 5:33:49 PM3/31/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Alex.p,

my recollection is that the bug was fixed—and was noted on this list as such—in version 2.11.2. This is available at URI https://github.com/csete/gqrx/releases.

Alex: this is at least the second poor soul (or more colourful term) on this list to be caught by the version specific notes at http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi. The link that is quoted links to version 2.11.1, rather than the latest version.

Cheers to both Alexes, 73,

Robin, G8DQX

Alexandru Csete

Mar 31, 2018, 5:38:45 PM3/31/18