dB-scale disappears in 2.8 when zooming in to 1 dB/gridline

Ivo

Oct 15, 2017, 12:27:50 PM10/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Just installed gqrx version 2.8 (using the instructions provided to remove old versions etc) on Linux Mint 17.3 on amd64 machine.
Using an RTL2838 as receiver.

When ´zooming in´ on the dB-scale in the panadapter, just before reaching the 1 dB/gridline zoom level, the scale disappears completely (no number shown anymore).
This happens both in window-mode and in full-screen mode. The scale did not disappear in previous versions (2.5 for example).

Any suggestions for fixing this?
Even nicer would be if the scale could be more precise than 1 dB/grid (ie: 0.5, 0.2 or 0.1 dB/grid).

Alexandru Csete

Oct 17, 2017, 6:13:36 PM10/17/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ivo,

If it worked in version 2.5, then I guess we broke it recently,
probably while adding the zoom sliders. I have filed an issue in our
issue tracker to have it on record but I don't know when it can be
looked at.

By the way, I can only zoom in to 2 dB / division.

Alex