Tidbit - using GQRX and NESDR Smart to measure deviation and frequency.

RedHeart64

Mar 15, 2017, 1:35:39 AM3/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Just a tidbit - need a way to check deviation (like to see if you've got too much or have too much/not enough tone?  Having a dongle and GQRX worked great for a radio I've been working on... I found I can check the response very easily by "Zooming" to 50X and watching the waveform.

Someone else might have already discovered this "poor man's deviation meter"... but here's a good tidbit if you haven't thought about it...

I'm going to check to see how stable and accurate the frequency is... might even be able to use it in a pinch if you don't have a counter (which I do) and want to check your frequency!

Bob

Tim Geyer

Jun 22, 2017, 3:51:21 AM6/22/17
to Gqrx SDR
Bob, I studying the workings of a smart meter and i have a great  system using an SDR and gqrx. Your message came up on a search for Smart Meters. This is the only post that  came too. I can see where your project would be relivent by looking at the phase differential of the signal from the meter system but I cannot see why it brought up your message. Maybe you can help me.

I hope we together can boot this group out of the cave its in.  :)

C'mon guys I have not seen any yahoo groups I been in have any action in it. Posts 2 -3 years old.

Cheers,    tim