Can't find libgnuradio-osmosdr.so.0.1.4

Andy Payne

Jul 2, 2017, 8:49:05 AM7/2/17
to Gqrx SDR
Having a terrible time getting gqrx running on my ubuntu 17.10 machine.

After fixing several issues, now I'm getting:

$ gqrx
gqrx: error while loading shared libraries: libgnuradio-osmosdr.so.0.1.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How should I fix this?

bert van dyck

Aug 27, 2017, 8:12:41 AM8/27/17
to Gqrx SDR

I'm having the same problem here...

Norbert Kaiser

Aug 31, 2017, 6:34:03 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR

Hello Andy

$ gqrx
gqrx: error while loading shared libraries: libgnuradio-osmosdr.so.0.1.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I believe that there maybe two problems. The file is there , but in another  folder. Try to search it and copy it to the folder, where GQRX is installed.
Another option: Are You the owner of the file ? If not You must change only the rights. Tfis works with sudo ore better log in as root.
Hope it fixes the problem .....
And: Is the GQRX File executable ? Right click on it and look in the properties. If it is not marked as executable You have to change it as su oder Root,