Some problems on RPI3 - gprx 2.9

_ Cascafico

Jan 15, 2018, 7:45:02 AM1/15/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hello,

I have a DVB-T dongle which I tested successfully on a friend RPI3 with gqrx release 2.6

I installed binary package gqrx-2.9-linux-armv6 on my RPI3 [1] and followed readme.txt without any error/warning.
When I run ./gqrx and start playing (ie: FM bradcasting freqs) I can report:

- spectrum canvas (upper left) does have coordinates
- vu-meter green and steady @ -10dBFS
I choose a frequency but I get
- no spectum (white curve)
- waterfall look fine
- audio is pretty low and distorted, never mind wide or normal FM.

[1] Linux raspberrypi 4.9.59-v7+ #1047 SMP Sun Oct 29 12:19:23 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Jeff Long

Jan 15, 2018, 7:52:23 AM1/15/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Try the lowest possible sample rate, waterfall at 0 Hz, and see how it works. Also, run "top" in a shell window. You may find that the RPi processor is fully loaded.

Alexandru Csete

Jan 15, 2018, 8:10:27 AM1/15/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Run gqrx with the -r option to reset settings. Sometimes the spectrum
scales get mixed up due to a bug and the only way to get out of it is
to reset the settings.

Alex

_ Cascafico

Jan 15, 2018, 9:20:50 AM1/15/18
to Gqrx SDR
Thanks, folks! Resetting settings worked. Now I get clear audio, "pandapter" and vu-meter measurements. I tried sample rate = 0 but seems doesn't matter.

I got some "portaudio_sink::work(): Error writing to audio device: Output underflowed", but seems without consequences