Gqrx on Mac - mouse hover

Andy H

Oct 23, 2017, 4:55:33 PM10/23/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi, I have searched the forum but have not found a match.

I needed to re-arrange my 'radio room'. I got Gqrx up and running on my Mac El Capitan and gave it a quick test. I then spent most of the weekend swapping over RTL-SDR dongles running on Ubuntu laptop and HackRF running on Mac so that the HackRF was on Unbuntu and RTLs on Mac. Due to length of antenna feeds etc this was a fair bit of re-arranging. However I have now started to look more closely on Gqrx 2.6 running on El Capitan and cannot get any info on the waterfall for frequency / time of day with mouse hover. Indeed no mouse hover info anywhere. Am I missing something? The time of day is absolutely essential for what I need, and frequency is pretty much something anyone would need.

Thanks, Andy.

Alexandru Csete

Oct 23, 2017, 5:29:15 PM10/23/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
It was disabled on the Mac long time ago because people said it made
the application sluggish.
By the way, latest version is 2.8

Alex

Andy H

Oct 23, 2017, 7:31:32 PM10/23/17
to Gqrx SDR
Thanks very much for the quick reply and explanation. Looks like I will have to go back to how things were.

Andy.