40 MHz spektrum on gqrx with usrp n210

andre2...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017, 8:00:33 PM1/11/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hello!

Is it possible to display a 40 MHz wide spektrum on gqrx with the USRP N210?

I am only able to display a 25 MHZ wide spektrum.

I read, that the N210 can transfer 40MHz bandwidth with 8 bit.

Anyone can help?

Thank you.

Robin Gape

Jan 12, 2017, 7:38:52 AM1/12/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Andre,

to make the USRP work, you will have had to enter a device string. Few of us will have access to an N210, but there is extensive documentation on the ettus website. This page may (or may not) be what you need:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp2.html

There is mention there of sc16 and sc8. Note that the 8 bit samples have a much reduced dynamic range compared to 16 bit samples. Having skimmed the website I feel your pain! http://files.ettus.com/manual/structuhd_1_1stream__args__t.html is a good example (though definitely not the worst) of why programmers, head-case or otherwise, should generally get someone else to document the interface! That said, the section std::string uhd::stream_args_t::otw_format finally discloses the information that you almost certainly need!

Good luck,

Robin, G8DQX

andre2...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2017, 9:12:13 AM1/12/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hello Robin,

thank you for your reply.

Now i tried to add to the device string in gqrx the following:

otw=sc8

also tried to add:

cpu=sc8

and

peak=0.003906

I set the input rate to: 33333333

But it did not work.

Tried this in gnuradio (Wireformat: Complex int8, Stream args: peak=0.003906)

Works very well.

So anyone can help, what i have to add to the device string to gqrx ?

Message has been deleted

Deppy Mon

Mar 6, 2017, 5:14:11 AM3/6/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Andre,
I am unable to get the GQRX display any signals for N210. It is working fine with an RTL_SDR.
Did you manage to find the device string?
I would appreciate any help

On Monday, 6 February 2017 13:24:14 UTC, andre2...@gmail.com wrote:
.

andre2...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2017, 8:03:06 AM3/6/17
to Gqrx SDR

I did not manage to find the string to display 40 MHz, but to use the n210 with normal bandwidth of 25 MHz you just have to select your n210 in the configure i/o devices window.
and enter the inputrate for example 8000000 then click ok.

Is your n210 working with grc?