happy user of RFSpace CloudIQ on macOS

elwood...@gmail.com

May 19, 2018, 8:20:06 PM5/19/18
to Gqrx SDR
I see some discussion of macOS recently and just wanted to toss out that I have a CloudIQ from RFSpace and I couldn't be more pleased with it on macOS High Sierra: Very flat response, no drift, excellent balance, low intrinsic noise, huge dynamic range. Of course it cost some real dollars but like many things, you often get what you pay for. And no, I have nothing to do with the company, I am not a paid shill, I have nothing to gain whether you get one or not, just wanted to share what works well for me.

While I'm at it, I'll mention my SWL antenna is a dual loop system using a broad band amp from LZ1AQ. The circuit can be switched so the loops are separate or combined, and the choices can make a huge difference in SNR. Again, no connection or gain to be had, just a happy user.

73, Elwood, WB0OEW

righthal...@gmail.com

May 22, 2018, 10:16:06 AM5/22/18
to Gqrx SDR
     Hi Elwood,

     Does Gqrx automatically find your device or do you need to enter the ip address by hand.

     Have you tried cubicSDR with your device ?

     Dale.

Elwood Downey

May 22, 2018, 10:08:36 PM5/22/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dale,

Yes: it finds the CloudIQ on the network automatically.

Yes: cubic also works but I prefer the user interface and features on gqrx.