WSJTX - GQRX 2.6 Q Mode RTL-SDR not working

geor...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2017, 12:40:31 AM7/24/17
to Gqrx SDR
Am loving GQRX and RTL-SDR.

My current obsession is WSJTX.

In Ubuntu I am connecting Linux GQRX 2.6  to WSJTX via a sound loop

sudo modprobe snd-aloop  (this works great)

In the remote control configuration in GQRX

 I am adding

::ffff:192.168.6.91.

In WSJTX in the Cat configuration I am adding

192.168.6.91:7356
I am choosing  Hamlib Net rig cntrol

This works really well and controls GQRX from WSJTX

So next I would like to use the Q Mode Option in GQRX so the RTL-SDR Dongle will receive the lower HF frequencies utilizing Q-Mode.

I type

.sudo gqrx -e

Witch brings up the edit box and allows me to

Input rtl=0,direct_samp=2

But when I go to run it It starts GQRX with "No LImits" but does not run in Q mode.

When I check edit box it says device is "other"

but still has rtl=0,direct_samp=2 in device string.

any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a screen capture .
GQRX Q Mode attemp.png

Andrew Rich

Jul 24, 2017, 12:44:52 AM7/24/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Freq ?

Sent from my iPhone
<GQRX Q Mode attemp.png>

geor...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2017, 12:56:14 AM7/24/17
to Gqrx SDR
I am not sure what you mean by Freq ?

But I assume you are asking what frequency I be wanting to use in WSJTX .

The main frequency is the 14.0956 WSPR frequency.

I have been able to use the RTL-SDR dongle using RTL-FM in Q-Mode to succesfully receive the WSPR Signal.

But that is a control line interface.

the WSJTX _ GQRX graphical mode is a much more fun way. I have been able to use the 10m option but the RTL dongle will not go below 25 Mhz withou q mode.

Andrew Rich

Jul 24, 2017, 8:15:16 AM7/24/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
14.095 MHz

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jul 2017, at 2:40 pm, geor...@gmail.com wrote:

<GQRX Q Mode attemp.png>

Alexandru Csete

Jul 24, 2017, 4:05:55 PM7/24/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

I don't know what to say... gqrx doesn't do anything hardware
specific. All these parameters are passed on to the backend / driver.

How did you install the packages, from our PPA?

I don't have a dongle that has direct sampling input, but when I try
to disable it I see the message:

Using device #0 Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR SN: 00000013
Detached kernel driver
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
[R82XX] PLL not locked!
Enabled direct sampling mode, input 2

in the terminal, and a noise floor around -100 dB. I can tune to HF
even without the "no limits" option checked, so something seems to be
working using the the latest version of gr-osmosdr.

Alex