Only UKW FM

Norbert Kaiser

Aug 31, 2017, 6:26:11 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hello,
i am living at Germany at Dortmund. After changing from WIn XP, i installed Xubuntu. I saw the programm "gqrx" and installed ist. My Stick is a Realtek 2832 UHI.
Problem: I can only receive Frequencies between 83,5 MHZ and 110 MHZ.
That is why i have some questions. SDR working under Windows was able to detect frequencies from 140 khz until 2,5 GB. And i found many signals: AM, FM, USB, LSB and so on.
Running xubuntu the hardware gain is on full power.The receiver options are about -21 db.
1. What means "raw I/Q ? Ist his the option to detect automaticly the option -so AM, FM and so on.Or is there another chance to enter "khz" or "mhz" or "ghz" ?
2. I have the harware gain on "full power".
3. Is it possible to enter a frequency like 1600 khz or 144 MHZ manually ?
4. I am running a derivate of debian. Are there other programs , which i can use ?
Thanks to You all and many greetings of Germany. The "Balkenkreuz" at the beginning of my postings has to do nothing with the f*****g bastards of NAZI- Germany. The German airforce uses these sign on the jets.
British, American and other Nations were shocked, because they saw a sign from damned Nazi Germany.No !
I forgot: I have a old receiver buid by Nordmende at 1970. It is called Globetrooter. On UKW i receive the NDR 2, it is 150 km away and the Teutoburger Wald is between Dortmund and the station.
Also i have a sangean with has nearly only chips build in. With this receiver i get the NGR 2 not.
And police is between 84 MHZ and 86,5 MHZ.
Only the old Nordmende Gobetrotter can recieve police of Dortmund, Bochum and Witten. The Sangean does fetch these frequencies, but You only hear normal radio stations. Even the old Nordmende can receive police.
You open it and there is a small variable capacitor. You can now change the beginning of FM. Normally at Germany it begins at 87,5 MHZ  and 108 MHZ. When You chance the band with this small variable capacitor
You beginn at 83,5 MHZ and end at 104 MHZ.
Many questions, but i really have no idea.....................
Gqrx.png

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 6:41:48 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
You said it not me

Sent from my iPhone
<Gqrx.png>

Robin Gape

Aug 31, 2017, 9:26:34 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Norbert,

Grüß aus England. The Dongle must be used in a special test mode. That requires two configurations:

1) a udev rule to be set up

2) a blacklist rule to be set up

Has that been done?

73,

Robin, G8DQX

Norbert Kaiser

Aug 31, 2017, 9:56:57 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hello Andrew,
how can i post a message to a person i do not konw ?

@Robin
what is the "udev rule" and which file must be changed ?Do i have to install Software ?
Blacklist: what do i have to write in this file and where must i save ist ?
You see, that nothing has done. Sorry, i am using Xubuntu since 2002. It runs and runs and runs..........
But i have  deleted the whole Windows 10 on this PC. It is absolutly extrem, that the PC shows a Message on the screen, that it will go down now for impprtant updates.
If You reboot there comes a message like 10 % done, 20 % done. And i tried reallly everything. But because i am only playing games with Win, such things can happen said the hotline of
the magazine "chip" Now Win is away and in installed two GUI,S. Cinammon and xfce. An absolute good system.
But that is something else. Please write what i have to do. Manx Greetings  and have a nice day !!!!!

Norbert Kaiser

Aug 31, 2017, 11:11:48 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR

Robin Gape

Aug 31, 2017, 7:45:14 PM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Norbert, et al,

I've attached a note on configuring an Ubuntu box to support RTL
dongles. A lot of the instructions on the Internet are old, and date
from a time when compilation was necessary. Nowadays, that is,
thankfully, not so.

You will need to know your way around your Ubuntu box, however.

HTH, Good Luck,

Robin, G8DQX
RTL-SDR on Ubuntu.pdf