Airprobe GSM Receiver does not build

Tomkat

Sep 10, 2013, 5:32:09 AM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I installed everything from the PPA. Then, I was trying this process: RTL-SDR TUTORIAL: ANALYZING GSM WITH AIRPROBE AND WIRESHARK.

I got everything right till before the 'Install gsm-receiver' part. When I do a "./configure" in the directory ./airprobe/gsm-receiver, I get the following error :-

checking for GNURADIO_CORE... configure: error: Package requirements (gnuradio-core >= 3) were not met:
No package 'gnuradio-core' found
Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GNURADIO_CORE_CFLAGS
and GNURADIO_CORE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

What do I do? Where is gnuradio-core? The 'whereis' command gives no result.

Thanks for your help. :-)

- Tom

Tomkat

Sep 10, 2013, 5:38:51 AM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Also, is the libosmocore package installed when the GQRX/GRC are installed using the PPA?

Alexandru Csete

Sep 10, 2013, 6:46:30 AM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi tom,

gnuradio-core was a package in GNU Radio version 3.6. Gqrx requires
version 3.7 and it is version 3.7 that is avaialble in the PPA.
You can not have both version installed, sorry.

Alex

Tomkat

Sep 10, 2013, 9:33:38 AM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Is there a way to install airprobe in GNU-Radio 3.7 then?

Alexandru Csete

Sep 10, 2013, 9:58:19 AM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I don't know, but the most likely answer is that some changes are
necessary to the code (at least the build files).

Alex

Tomkat

Sep 10, 2013, 11:45:20 AM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

I'd be grateful if you could help. The PPA came as a life-saver to me. I had tried installing GNU-Radio, GRC, UHD, GQRX on 3 diff machines with fresh Ubuntu 13.04 on each; and these packages gave unique errors on all 3 machines! The PPA did wonders, to be honest. Now, I really don't want to downgrade to GR-3.6. For that, I'd have to remove all related packages, make sure there are no traces left whatsoever, and then check which versions of these half-a-dozen packages are compatible with each other, and then actually dig those old ones from their graves!

If there is a way, please help me.

Alexandru Csete

Sep 10, 2013, 5:24:05 PM9/10/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Obviously, there is a way: Somebody should update the package to work
with GNU Radio 3.7. That somebody is not me for sure (I don't even
know that package).

Other than that I can only remark, that uninstalling gqrx/gnuradio
installed via PPA is easy because the package manager can take care of
that.

Alex
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/be170ed4-59bf-4ae3-b991-ff66947973ec%40googlegroups.com.

Tomkat

Sep 11, 2013, 2:59:50 AM9/11/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

That somebody can't be me either as I'm pretty new to the SDR-domain myself and have very limited knowledge of how Communications Systems work as I'm a Computer Science graduate.
If I were to downgrade to GNUradio 3.6 (and the compatible packages of UHD, RTL-SDR, OsmoCom, Wireshark, etc), how do I proceed? I understand that the build-gnuradio script would install the latest version, and so does the PPA. So, how do I get the stuff that I actually need?

Tomkat

Sep 11, 2013, 4:02:47 AM9/11/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

I've installed: Gnuradio 3.6, UHD, 3.5.1, gr-osmosdr

While installing gqrx (from git), I get the error: "Package gnuradio-osmosdr not found". What can be the issue? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

-Tom

Ferran Casanovas

Sep 13, 2013, 5:25:55 AM9/13/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get installed airprobe with the same blog you are using and I have some errors compiling gsm-receiver like you have. I have read all the conversation and I think the only way to get all installed is that the author of airprobe updates the software to work with gnuradio 3.7, but I'm not sure how to contact him.

mahmoud shakra

Jan 4, 2016, 11:17:54 AM1/4/16
to Gqrx SDR, naveen...@gmail.com
Hi Tom ,
are you fixed this problem ?

mahmoud shakra

Jan 4, 2016, 11:19:45 AM1/4/16
to Gqrx SDR, naveen...@gmail.com
i need a help in fixing this problem please about missing gnuradio-core pkg

Stack Programer

Sep 28, 2016, 2:13:10 AM9/28/16
to Gqrx SDR, naveen...@gmail.com
so funny i have same error No package 'gnuradio-core' found

Владимир Кокс

Jan 9, 2018, 9:12:55 AM1/9/18
to Gqrx SDR

Hi guys!