Macports install error

Matthew Chambers

Dec 24, 2016, 4:04:46 PM12/24/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Attempting to install GQRX on my iMac Mac OSX 10.7.5 with macports

getting this error message when installing dependency volk

:info:build Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
:info:build   "___cpuid_count", referenced from:
:info:build       _i_can_has_avx2 in volk_cpu.c.o
:info:build ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
:info:build clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
:info:build make[2]: *** [lib/libvolk.1.3.dylib] Error 1

Matthew A. Chambers, NR0Q

President, Wright County Outlaws ARC

Alexandru Csete

Dec 27, 2016, 11:49:13 AM12/27/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Matthew Chambers
<mcha...@showmeham.info> wrote:
> Attempting to install GQRX on my iMac Mac OSX 10.7.5 with macports
>
> getting this error message when installing dependency volk
>
> :info:build Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
> :info:build "___cpuid_count", referenced from:
> :info:build _i_can_has_avx2 in volk_cpu.c.o
> :info:build ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
> :info:build clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
> see invocation)
> :info:build make[2]: *** [lib/libvolk.1.3.dylib] Error 1

Please post this to macports as they are the ones who can fix this.

Alex

Matthew Chambers

Dec 27, 2016, 12:14:35 PM12/27/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,  I'll give that a whirl and see what happens

Alexandru Csete

Dec 27, 2016, 12:30:09 PM12/27/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Taking a closer look at the error message it looks like a compilation
problem with one of the libraries, but still, it's probably best to
ask first the macports maintainer and see if they have any tips.

Alex