Where to start?

Mike Bott

Nov 10, 2015, 6:52:46 PM11/10/15
to Gqrx SDR
Greetings,

I would like to use gqrx with my SDRplay RSP, but I've yet to determine if starting with Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 15.10 would be the better. Any recommendations from those who have gone down this path before? I have no problem starting with either. I have plenty of spare hard drives to work with.  :)

Thanks!

--
Mike

Alexandru Csete

Nov 10, 2015, 7:02:24 PM11/10/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Which Ubuntu you use is not important, but you have to understand that
SDRPlay support is not built into the available packages but you have
to build it from source.

Not only is the driver closed source, it can not even be downloaded
without registration using a serial number. So as a developer I can
not even verify whether we are compatible. At this point, only the
vendor can provide support for it.

Alex

Mike

Nov 10, 2015, 7:14:16 PM11/10/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
You are referencing the Mirics SDR API I gather. OK, guess I'll go it
alone. Thanks anyway.

--
Mike

Mike Bott