Gqrx quits when selecting WFM stereo

Jorge Soriano

Oct 30, 2016, 2:59:57 PM10/30/16
to Gqrx SDR
HI

I have GQRX installed and working superbly on a Raspberry Pi 3 and an Odroid C2, using an DVB-SDR dongle.

I installed it following the instructions in the website also in an Odroid XU4 running Ubuntu Mate Linux, currently updated, and I found an issue that forces the application to crash.

The application quits when selecting Mode WFM stereo and shows bus error in the terminal window. it works ok with other FM options.

FInd below some data regarding versions:

odroid@odroid:~$ gqrx -v
linux; GNU C++ version 5.3.1 20151219; Boost_105800; UHD_003.009.002-0-unknown

It's amazing to my why is installed a version so old.

odroid@odroid:~$ uname -a
Linux odroid 3.10.104-125 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 24 15:50:03 UTC 2016 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

GNU Radio version is 3.7.9.1-2ubuntu1.

Please help!!!

REgards

Alexandru Csete

Oct 30, 2016, 3:27:45 PM10/30/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Jorge Soriano
<jorge.so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI
>
> I have GQRX installed and working superbly on a Raspberry Pi 3 and an Odroid
> C2, using an DVB-SDR dongle.

Sounds good Jorgge. Which distribution are you using the Odriod C2?

> I installed it following the instructions in the website also in an Odroid
> XU4 running Ubuntu Mate Linux, currently updated, and I found an issue that
> forces the application to crash.
>
> The application quits when selecting Mode WFM stereo and shows bus error in
> the terminal window. it works ok with other FM options.

The Ubuntu instructions on our website only apply to 32 and 63 bit
intel architectures. So for the Odroid XU4 you will end up with the
packages from the Ubuntu repository which is quite old.

Given that the RPI3 package works on the C2, you could try the RPI2
image on the XU4 :-)

Alex

Jorge Soriano

Oct 30, 2016, 5:30:48 PM10/30/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alexandru, thanks for the quick reply

Installation on the C2 was made following instructions on http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu and works ok. Maybe are for Intel architectures, but it worked.

Both Harkernel machines has the official Ubuntu Mate provided by Hardkernel, are updated and upgraded.

I installed un the XU4 the Raspberry Pi package as you indicated and does not work: when selecting the play button (hint: the icon is the tipical Play triangle but in the O2 is the 0/1 icon, the application hangs.

I dont understand why work on one machine and does not work on the other.

Any clue?

Best regards

Alexandru Csete

Oct 30, 2016, 5:59:14 PM10/30/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I misunderstood you - I thought you were using the RPI3 package on
the C2 since they are similar architecture.

I don't know why it is not working on the XU4. I am not aware of
anyone running gqrx on that board.

Alex