Installing gqrx-scan

Jon Baldry

Oct 11, 2016, 4:55:15 AM10/11/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi folks,

I'm running Gqrx on an RPi 3 and I'm relatively new to linux based systems. I'd like to install Gqrx-Scan but I've spent a day trying to work out how to do it. If someone could give me some advice in installing and using it, I would be most grateful!! It's pretty much the last step in getting my RPi based mobile scanner up and running :)

Alexandru Csete

Oct 12, 2016, 6:46:53 PM10/12/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon,

It's a Perl script, so basically you just download the script and run
it. You can download the whole repository from
https://github.com/khaytsus/gqrx-scan if you click on the green "Clone
or Download" -> Download ZIP

You then run the script in a terminal with the proper options as
written in the readme file that you can also read on
https://github.com/khaytsus/gqrx-scan
The CSV file it talks about is created inside gqrx using bookmarks function.

There not much else to do than try it. If you hit an obstacle ask, but
be specific and include error messages that you get. I may be slow
with replies during the next few weeks but hopefully others can also
help you move forward.

Alex