Take control of rf parameters

Atif Javed

Nov 8, 2017, 4:31:59 AM11/8/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,

Hope you are in a good health,

i am trying to use usrp n200 as a hardware and try to control its RF parameters like center frequency, Bandwidth, Sampling rate through source code but i doesen't find any staring point from where i am start with . Moreover also i am also confused about dependent softwares that are needed for this purpose

I am new on GQRX and i download its source code form git hub.

So please give me a guideline  and enlist steps for me so that i can be able to star my work

Best Regards,

ATIF JAVED

Alexander Fasching

Nov 8, 2017, 4:42:26 AM11/8/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
You can configure these parameters directly in Gqrx.

I recommend reading this tutorial first:
http://gqrx.dk/doc/practical-tricks-and-tips

Gqrx uses GNU Radio and OsmoSDR as backend. Parameters to OsmoSDR can be
passed in the I/O Configuration window and are described here:
https://osmocom.org/projects/sdr/wiki/GrOsmoSDR
You pass them in the device string field.

If you want to build Gqrx from source, just follow the instructions on
Github.
https://github.com/csete/gqrx

I'm sure why you would want to change things like center frequency and
bandwidth in the source code. That's like taking a radio and fixing the
control knobs.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0c6b49f0-043b-4c43-9f0c-65e7ad3778a2%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0c6b49f0-043b-4c43-9f0c-65e7ad3778a2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Atif Javed

Nov 9, 2017, 1:05:55 AM11/9/17
to Gqrx SDR
Thanx for guiding me

i am able to change paramters through its api but i want to take control through its source code .

Robin Gape

Nov 9, 2017, 9:10:55 AM11/9/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Atif,

QGRX is built on top of GNU Radio. You will probably find development using GRC (GNU Radio Companion) much easier than any other approach. But beware: you will have to do a lot of reading up!

HTH,

Robin, G8DQX

Alexander Fasching

Nov 9, 2017, 9:35:57 AM11/9/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
You can control Gqrx using a TCP connection.
http://gqrx.dk/doc/remote-control
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/blob/master/resources/remote-control.txt

After reading your posts on the GNU Radio mailing list, I fully agree
with the answers posted there: None of the things you mention require
any modification of source code.
There's no need to implement your own OOT block or fork the UHD Blocks
just to control the bandwidth, frequency and sampling rate. The existing
tools are already good at that.

Two of the options are:
* Use Gqrx and control it with the programming language of your choice
* Create your own GNU Radio flowgraph (with GNU Radio Companion, Python
or C++). You can base it on the flowgraph Gqrx uses.

Maybe we can help you if you give a more detailed explanation of what
you are trying to do.