Upconverter doesn't seem to be working

richard kappler

Mar 18, 2017, 8:25:29 PM3/18/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps this might not be the right forum, but if not I figured someone could guide me to the right place.

I'm running GQRX 2.61 on Ubuntu 14.04 with a NooElec r820T2 SDR NESDR Mini2 Dongle through a NooElec HamItUp .  When I run the HamItUp in passthrough, everything works fine, I get local stations where I expect them, repeaters where I expect them, I call into the repeaters, I can hear it on GQRX.

When I run the HamItUp on upconvert, I get no sound. I have verified that this is a +125 model, I'm a math teacher so I'm pretty sure I'm doing the addition right.

I need some guidance on setting this up properly to work with GQRX or verifying that it's a bad unit.

regards, Richard
--
W2KAP

Simon Kennedy

Mar 18, 2017, 8:50:10 PM3/18/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard

Did you put -125MHz into the LNB LO box?

Simon.

richard kappler

Mar 18, 2017, 9:13:44 PM3/18/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I did not, was not aware of it, now I am, thanks!

W2KAP