GQRX won't start

adam parker

May 7, 2014, 4:07:47 PM5/7/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I had been using GQRX quite a bit for awhile and then one day it stopped starting.  I made a mental note of the error but since the 2 meter net was starting I just turned on my HT and didn't give it another thought.  Being a Debian Sid user I figured it would fix itself later in the week but it's been a little over a month and the same error persists:
"gqrx: error while loading shared libraries: libgnuradio-osmosdr.so.0.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I've updated and upgraded several times since I first got it and once just before posting this.  I have also verified that the package "libgnuradio-osmosdr0.0.0" is installed and at the latest version.

adam parker

May 7, 2014, 4:41:28 PM5/7/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to answer my own question but I just figured it out.  It would seem libgnuradio-osmosdr0.0.0 got upgraded along the way to .0.1.1 confusingly.  ln -s between the new .so and what gqrx looks for got it running for now but there should probably be a cleaner solution to this...

Simon Kennedy

May 7, 2014, 4:45:27 PM5/7/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Is the path to the directory that the osmosdr library is installed into included in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

adam parker

May 7, 2014, 5:08:50 PM5/7/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
.so.0.0.0 doesn't exist anymore in libgnuradio-osmosdr0.0.0 per dpkg.  Even if it were in that variable Gqrx is still looking for .so.0.0.0 isn't it?

Alexandru Csete

May 7, 2014, 5:46:00 PM5/7/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Gqrx is looking for the libraries it was linked to during build. It's
hard to tell what the problem is without knowing what you did. How you
installed gqrx, gnuradio, etc. What did you upgrade and how.

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/866f2c80-e6af-4eb7-9504-3053d2906349%40googlegroups.com.

adam parker

May 7, 2014, 10:36:37 PM5/7/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
The initial install was a standard apt-get install gqrx-sdr.  It broke one day presumably after an update/upgrade.  I run that daily.  From there I did some rigamaro with removing and reinstalling some stuff but it came down to linking the .so.0.1.1 to the .so.0.0.0 that gqrx was looking for fixed it.

Alexandru Csete

May 8, 2014, 4:41:47 AM5/8/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:36 AM, adam parker <chezz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The initial install was a standard apt-get install gqrx-sdr. It broke one
> day presumably after an update/upgrade. I run that daily. From there I did
> some rigamaro with removing and reinstalling some stuff but it came down to
> linking the .so.0.1.1 to the .so.0.0.0 that gqrx was looking for fixed it.

If you install packages from official debian repositories then I
suggest you report the problem to package responsible. He has probably
updated gr-osmosdr and forgot to rebuild all packages that depend on
it.

Alex

Fred Castello

May 24, 2017, 12:33:56 PM5/24/17
to Gqrx SDR
Adam, I am a new linux (Ubuntu) user and am getting the same error you outline below.  You answer your own issue with a fix that frankly I dont understand.  Would you mind outlining how a newbie would fix the error?  Thanks so much for your time.
Fred