Do not work on hf with my sdr receiver

Michel On4kde

Jun 12, 2017, 9:03:36 AM6/12/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,

I have this sdr :

It works perfect on vhf - uhf  but nothing happen on hf.

Gqrx detects the rtl2832U but nothing about the R820T2

Any idea will be welcome.

Alexandru Csete

Jun 12, 2017, 4:08:54 PM6/12/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
You have to add

direct_samp=2

to the device string.

Alex

Michel On4kde

Jun 13, 2017, 12:15:59 PM6/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
Thanks for your answer Alex.

So I put in device string rtl=0,direct_samp=2

and then I just receive nothing at all as well on vhf and HF

Is it anything I missed ?

Michel

Michel On4kde

Jun 13, 2017, 12:55:32 PM6/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
I also try with only direct_samp=2  then I got vhf but nothing on hf.

Alexandru Csete

Jun 13, 2017, 3:18:32 PM6/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it should be

rtl=0,direct_samp=2

You can also try

rtl=0,direct_samp=1

just to be sure.

When you enable direct sampling, you can not receive VHF, You have to
disable direct sampling again to receive VHF. You can create different
configuration files for HF and VHF.

I do not have experience with rtlsdr direct sampling mode but I can
imagine that it is not very sensitive so you probably need to have a
very good antenna.

Alex
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/18ac3717-fcf6-4372-a694-d1b944f2a7d0%40googlegroups.com.

Michel On4kde

Jun 14, 2017, 5:59:05 AM6/14/17
to Gqrx SDR
When I do that direct_samp 1 or 2 that's the same result, no rx

I made a try with my ham tx and sent an AM carrier, no reaction at all.

You still have no solution for the funcube pro+ V2 with OS X 10.12 Sierra ?

73's Michel

Alexandru Csete

Jun 14, 2017, 4:05:17 PM6/14/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Michel On4kde <on4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You still have no solution for the funcube pro+ V2 with OS X 10.12 Sierra ?

Not yet, sorry :-(
Alex

geor...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 11:19:13 AM6/30/17
to Gqrx SDR
It would be good if direct sample could be seamless. So you could just click a button and the RTL dongle will direct sample below 24MHZ and normal above 24mhz.

As for sensitivity with just a 3 foot high home brew discone antenna I picked up a 20m  WSPR signal from Australia to the Philippines using a RTL-SDR in Direct sampling mode.

Yves Dehnen ON7BAS

Jun 30, 2017, 4:57:22 PM6/30/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi there !

I have the same problem with the same SDR device.
If this may help, I had it working on windows 10 with the zadig driver  http://zadig.akeo.ie/

But I just got my hack rf one yesterday...

Yves Dehnen ON7BAS

Yves Dehnen ON7BAS