Set filter bandwidth by remote control interface on RPi3

Andy Webster

Mar 13, 2017, 1:19:06 PM3/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hello all,

Further to a previous thread I started (Alex, thanks for the support), I've noticed that setting of the bandwidth by the remote control interface arrived at some point.  Should I be expecting to see this behavior working in the RPi3 version of gqrx because it doesn't work when I tried?  If not I'll raise an issue on github and let the dev team decide on priority... but it would be really useful for my application!  :-)

Thanks

Andy

Alexandru Csete

Mar 13, 2017, 6:30:15 PM3/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

According to the News file it will first be in 2.7. I don't remember
when I made a RPI build for you, I would expect it to available in
that build, but I can not remember.

Alex

Andy Webster

Mar 17, 2017, 5:52:43 AM3/17/17
to Gqrx SDR
Thanks for the clarification Alex, I'll check that version again.

Andy

Andy Webster

Mar 18, 2017, 8:02:10 PM3/18/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex,

The RPi build you sent looks like v2.6-59-g487a8ff.  I tried it with the latest RPi3-2 files, it runs and you're right, it does support the bandwidth setting by telnet (as well as the restoration of filter settings).  I'll give it another go tomorrow with wxsat recording and see if the audio is still choppy like last time...

Andy

Andy Webster

Mar 19, 2017, 5:31:48 AM3/19/17
to Gqrx SDR
Alas, still has the choppy audio problem.  Couple of wxsat pics attached to demonstrate...

Standard released 2.6 RPi3-2 version:

Using the 2.6-59-g487a8ff binary:

Alexandru Csete

Mar 19, 2017, 6:19:29 AM3/19/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I have more or less forgotten about that issue, sorry. It was marked with a red flag in my mailbox but ...
I have created an issue on github so that at least we don't forget it for the next release.

Alex

Andy Webster

Mar 19, 2017, 8:33:44 AM3/19/17
to Gqrx SDR
OK, thanks Alex, appreciate all your efforts!

Alexandru Csete

Mar 19, 2017, 8:35:40 AM3/19/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
By the way, can you the audio recording available for me?

Alex

Alexandru Csete

Mar 19, 2017, 10:10:15 AM3/19/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
It seems to work fine on PC, so I guess it is one more raspberry pi
specific issue :-(

Alex
NOAA-19_20170319_134947.jpg

Andy Webster

Mar 19, 2017, 3:07:49 PM3/19/17
to Gqrx SDR
Just emailed you a link to the audio for that broken image (before resampling for input to Wxtoimg).

Thanks,

Andy