Version 0.0 vs 2.3 signal strength

cbriano...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2015, 7:17:35 PM2/9/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi -- I'm new to SDR and Gqrx. Last week I installed Gqrx 0.0 and it was running well except that it crashed when I tried recording. I reinstalled GNUradio and updated to Gqrx 2.3. The software seems to be running fine and records well except that it seems much less sensitive even when listening to strong local FM commercial broadcasts. Version 0.0 (which I didn't remove from my system) gets a strong and consistent signal. 2.3 barely detects the same signal using exactly the same dongle/antenna. Is there a setting I'm missing? Or do I just need a better antenna with 2.3?
Thanks!

Alexandru Csete

Feb 10, 2015, 4:37:36 AM2/10/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Did you try the RF/IF gain settings?
Version 0.0 indicates "unofficial build" from before gqrx was
considered released and the configuration format may have changed
since, so gqrx 2.3 does not read the configuration saved by "0.0"

Alex