Problem with GQRX (git) df629bd and newer

Mohammad Bahathir Hashim

Apr 8, 2015, 12:23:24 AM4/8/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1) I have several RTL USB SDR dongles and running fine with GQRX (git) until d6d3179
Hi,

1) I have several RTL USB SDR dongles and running fine with GQRX (git) until  4ee2c48

2) Since df629bd  and newer, the dialog "There was an error configuring input ..." pop up. I clicked OK or push ESC button.

3) I started the "DSP", and it seem like it running fine, but...

4) There was a 3 seconds delay before the signal showed in the FFT. I tried by counting the delays after pushing the my handy's PTT  The previous commits has very small/minimal delay.

5) The main problem is, GQRX cannot demodulates the NFM mode, and the audio is 'not what it should to be'

Thank you.

73,
9W2GNU

Alexandru Csete

Apr 8, 2015, 5:12:43 AM4/8/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for the feedback.

> 1) I have several RTL USB SDR dongles and running fine with GQRX (git) until
> d6d3179
> Hi,
>
> 1) I have several RTL USB SDR dongles and running fine with GQRX (git) until
> 4ee2c48

Do you mean with or without commit 4ee2c48 ?

> 2) Since df629bd and newer, the dialog "There was an error configuring
> input ..." pop up. I clicked OK or push ESC button.

That dialog was actually introduced much earlier and before 4ee2c48.
Before that dialog, gqrx would just crash and that is what the dialog
prevents. Commit df629bd was purely GUI thing and I don't see how it
would affect rtlsdr operation.

> 3) I started the "DSP", and it seem like it running fine, but...
>
> 4) There was a 3 seconds delay before the signal showed in the FFT. I tried
> by counting the delays after pushing the my handy's PTT The previous
> commits has very small/minimal delay.
>
> 5) The main problem is, GQRX cannot demodulates the NFM mode, and the audio
> is 'not what it should to be'

As the dialog says, there was an error configuring the device. Try
reinserting the dongle and reconfiguring it (using the -r option).

Alex

Mohammad Bahathir Hashim

Apr 9, 2015, 3:25:19 AM4/9/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Thaks for the reply.

Here is the stdout outpun when I did 'gqrx -r'

####
:
:
gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-2-g8d9e6b58 (0.1.5git) gnuradio v3.7.4git-0-g69dcaa75
built-in source types: file rtl rtl_tcp rfspace
Using device #0 Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR SN: 9W2GNU
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Failed to RX input rate to 1.5e+06
#########
The gqrx able to find the dongle, but failed to set the RX input rate.

The error "Failed to RX input rate to 1.5e+06" does NOT  occured when I use v2.3.2-79-g4ee2.

Thank you.

Alexandru Csete

Apr 11, 2015, 5:14:31 AM4/11/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Try now. I have made it possible to run properly (whatever that means) even if set sample rate fails. There is one more commit that can be reverted but try this first.

Alex