Location of Gqrx PPA gnuradio install?

demian

Jun 4, 2015, 7:13:49 PM6/4/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for this very linux newb question but does the Gqrx PPA install of gnuradio get installed some place different than the usual 'sudo apt-get install gnuradio'?

If I need to uninstall the PPA version, how do I got about a a very clean removal (nuked)?

Alexandru Csete

Jun 5, 2015, 4:46:43 AM6/5/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 1:13 AM, demian <demia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for this very linux newb question but does the Gqrx PPA install of
> gnuradio get installed some place different than the usual 'sudo apt-get
> install gnuradio'?

The packages from the PPA follow the debian standard and thus install
files to the same place where officially packages go. The advantage of
using official packages and packages from PPA is indeed that
everything you install is traceable and removable, something that can
not be said for other installation methods.

> If I need to uninstall the PPA version, how do I got about a a very clean
> removal (nuked)?

The easiest way is to use synaptic graphical package manager (search
for synaptic). IMHO it gives a better overview that the "app store" or
whatever they are called.

Under Setings -> Repositories -> Other software disable the gqrx PPA
Click Reload
Select Status -> Installed (local or obsolete)

You will see all packages that were installed from the now disabled
PPA. Select all then
Package -> Mark for complete removal
Apply

The PPA will remain in the list, just disabled.

Alex

demian sims

Jun 5, 2015, 3:18:45 PM6/5/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com