Ettus B100 UHD no longer visible in devices

Tim Graves

Mar 15, 2018, 6:15:12 AM3/15/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hello,

I installed GQRX according to the instructions here...  http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu

My Ettus B100 UHD is no longer listed as an available device.  I can use the uhd_rx_cfile and gnuradio-companion to connect to and read data from the device.  However, its missing in GQRX.  I was using a previous gqrx-sdr package and then upgraded.

Any help in troubleshooting this issue would be appreciated.

Here is the output of my uhd_config_info...
linux; GNU C++ version 5.4.0 20160609; Boost_105800; UHD_003.010.003.000-0-gef15767

and uhd_find_devices
-- UHD Device 0
Device Address:
    type: b100
    name:
    serial: EBR14U7B1

Thanks,

Tim

Alexandru Csete

Mar 15, 2018, 7:21:18 AM3/15/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
UHD has been disabled for now, please see the last messages regarding the PPA.

Alex

Alexandru Csete

Mar 15, 2018, 7:32:05 AM3/15/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
And if anyone is interested in more details:

https://discourse.myriadrf.org/t/changes-required-in-ppa-dependency/2435
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/issues/159

This will take some time to sort out...

Even though we have now removed UHD PPA dependency and locked the
version of UHD, there are many people who got stuck with a new version
of UHD that caused the breakage in the first place. That is why I have
disabled UHD support for now.

UHD might still work through SoapyUHD though I'm not sure whether the
SoapySDR modules have been updated since the breakage.

peter...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 3:38:46 PM4/6/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hello!
Can you please tell me,how can i manually activate uhd,
i like to try to use my usrp n210 and see if it works.
With old gqrx versions it worked great!

Alexandru Csete

Apr 6, 2018, 4:24:34 PM4/6/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 9:38 PM, <peter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> Can you please tell me,how can i manually activate uhd,
> i like to try to use my usrp n210 and see if it works.
> With old gqrx versions it worked great!

The only way to "activate" it is to rebuild gr-osmosdr with UHD
support enabled. However, as we have learned in the past, it is a very
bad idea to mix packages installed from PPA with packages built from
source.

You should probably look into building everything using pybombs from
the gnuradio project instead of the PPA.

Alex