Gqrx on the Pi 3 and 7" color touch screen

Mike Seguin

Jan 15, 2017, 8:20:33 AM1/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,

Got the software installed and running with my original Funcube Dongle. The issue I have is the right side config screens are cut off on the right side.
Is there a setting I'm missing to tell the software I'm using the Pi 7" screen?

Tnx!
Mike

Alexandru Csete

Jan 15, 2017, 9:30:34 AM1/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Please see this thread regarding this topic:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gqrx/l2SYS6oaA0s/mBMTlNupBwAJ

Alex

Robin Gape

Jan 15, 2017, 9:40:25 AM1/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Mike,

the smallest that I've been able to get the GQRX screen whistle still keeping the controls visible is 856×644 pixels. Your 7" screen is 800×480 pixels, so some bits will always be hidden. However, Alt-F7 is your friend. It allows one to move a window off the screen. Press Alt-F7, the cursor should change to a hand, and then the focussed window will move until you click. The same procedure will allow one to move it back again. (Standard Gnome.)

There are earlier messages in this group about minimising screen size. IIRC, there are issues with Qt widgets, though small screens are always a problem to fit functionality in to.

HTH, Good luck,

Robin, G8DQX

Mike Seguin

Jan 15, 2017, 12:48:46 PM1/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Ah, got it! Tnx Alex/Robin.

Regarding possible use of "right click" on the 7" touch screen, everything I've read/tried hasn't worked as it appears to be an issue with Jessie. It apparently works under Wheezey. I'm sure it will get sorted before too long. It will be nice to emulate right click with a long touch.

I'm using Gqrx on an Apache Labs piHPSDR controller.

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1043/PiHPSDR-Controller.html

Alex, any thoughts of adding code to Gqrx to use the GPIO knobs/buttons of this controller?

Mike

Alexandru Csete

Jan 15, 2017, 1:03:44 PM1/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Mike Seguin <n1j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Gqrx on an Apache Labs piHPSDR controller.
>
> https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1043/PiHPSDR-Controller.html
>
> Alex, any thoughts of adding code to Gqrx to use the GPIO knobs/buttons of
> this controller?

The thoughts and ideas are many, the time to implement them is
practically non-existent.

I have some ideas for adding knob/button support using a more generic
scheme, but dedicated support for that specific controller is probably
never going to happen, unless I somehow end up having one of those
controllers.

Alex

Mike, N1JEZ

Jan 15, 2017, 1:38:40 PM1/15/17
to Gqrx SDR

Understood on the time issue!!

If you ever do implement something, we might be able to use it with John's software. He allows us to access the GPIO pin selection when we launch the software.

Mike