Lost Signal Bar In Main Display Screen

Bill Harvey

May 5, 2016, 1:49:34 PM5/5/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi;

Having successfully used gqrx and dl-fldigi I can no longer decode my tx signal in dl-fldigi and I have lost the signal meter display in gqrx, the display is there but there is nothing on it although I can hear the audio and see it in the audio window but not in the main display screen. Since this has happened I can no longer pick anything up in dl-fldigi?

I have been having problems with sound output being intermittent on this Mac today?

Background:
I have been successfully using gqrx and dl-fldigi on Mac OS X El Capitan.
Today I tested it out at the school where I work using a different WiFi (I understand that this has nothing to do with the use of gqrx but it may have been the cause of another problem?)

I successfully picked up the signal from my RPi PITS board but could not pick up a signal from a transmitter a HAB flight in Sheffield (not an issue).

We tested the transmitter and SDR setup after school and again successfully picked up our signal albeit intermittent due to buildings etc, however could not get the test flight to appear on HabHub (when testing at home this worked flawlessly). The inability to

Bill Harvey

May 5, 2016, 2:21:27 PM5/5/16
to Gqrx SDR
Screenshot:

Bill Harvey

May 6, 2016, 12:35:07 PM5/6/16
to Gqrx SDR
Well after much scratching of head trying everything even another Macbook (still didn't work). I decided this must be a sound issue as gqrx is showing that it is receiving a signal, even though the spectrum has disappeared ?

So I looked at sound preferences and low and behold the built in input was not selected, changed that and voila I am now decoding successfully again.

I think this was messed up by using a Bluetooth headset, tis occasionally throws the sound out ?

Interestingly when I installed gqrx on the newer Macbook Pro (bought this year) gqrx has a spectrum but as the newer Macbooks don't have an audio in I had to install soundflower but this clearly was not working either?

Alexandru Csete

May 6, 2016, 2:18:13 PM5/6/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I really have no idea
how the spectrum can disappear while the waterfall is still there...
You can try to start with a fresh configuration by running gqrx from
the terminal and using the -r command line option, i.e.

Gqrx.app/Contents/MacOS/gqrx -r

By the way, if you look at the package contents you will also find
other command line utilities included there thatmay help debugging in
other situations.

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/a437c786-74fb-46e3-bbb8-0d4ef3f00dc8%40googlegroups.com.

Bill Harvey

May 6, 2016, 4:40:49 PM5/6/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex;

By command line do you mean the command prompt in windows and terminal in Mac OS X?

Thanks