gqrx-digital installation error

Jerrod

May 30, 2016, 3:01:25 AM5/30/16
to Gqrx SDR
I have been trying to get gqrx-digital installed using legacy pybombs for over a year and when pybombs 2.0 came I switched over to it.  I am running Ubuntu 15.10 and was able to install it about a year ago using the same distro when installing it with either version of pybombs I get the same error as in

~$ sudo pybombs install gqrx-digital

\- gqrx-digital
PyBombs.install - INFO - Installing package: gqrx-digital
PyBombs.Packager.source - WARNING - Build dir already exists: /usr/local/src/gqrx-digital/build
Configuring: (100%) [=========================================================]
PyBombs.Packager.source - WARNING - Configuration failed. Re-trying with higher verbosity.
Usage: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake [mode] [options] [files]

QMake has two modes, one mode for generating project files based on
some heuristics, and the other for generating makefiles. Normally you
shouldn't need to specify a mode, as makefile generation is the default
mode for qmake, but you may use this to test qmake on an existing project
etc

the help menu.

When I try to configure gqrx-digital manully with qmake I get this error
:/usr/local/src/gqrx-digital/build$ sudo qmake ..

Project MESSAGE: Gqrx configured with pulseaudio backend
Project MESSAGE: No prefix given. Using /usr/local
fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything.

If someone could help me fix this it would be appreciated
I am a programmer so I can edit the gqrx.pro if needed

thanks Jerrod

Adrian Musceac

May 30, 2016, 5:19:03 AM5/30/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
gqrx-digital is based on an ancient version of Gqrx, it is not supported and has been added to pybombs without my knowledge. Also, Alex might not like that questions regarding this (unofficial) fork are asked on this mailing list.
That said, I can try to help you get it compiled but you will need lots of patience because it is not trivial and requires several ugly hacks.
You can use my personal address for this purpose.

regards,
Adrian

Alexandru Csete

May 30, 2016, 10:34:21 AM5/30/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Adrian Musceac <kant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, Alex might not like that questions regarding this (unofficial) fork are asked on this mailing list.

You are very welcome to discuss other projects here as long as they
are related to gqrx, and this includes forks like gqrx-digital, I just
usually point out that I lack the necessary knowledge to help and
there may be another list or forum for the project.

Alex