command not found when running run_gqrx.sh on raspberry pi

Robert Savulescu

Jul 6, 2017, 6:36:29 PM7/6/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi !
Thank you for your work . I've been follow your work for years .
I want to install gqrx on a raspberry pi 2 and after running all prerequisites after no error , after I was typing run_gqrx.sh I get this error :
pi@raspberrypi:~/gqrx-2.6-rpi3-2 $ run_gqrx.sh
bash: run_gqrx.sh: command not found
I was repeated the installation on a new card with the latest raspian and the same error .
Where is the mistake ?

Thank you for your time !

Robert

Lloyd Brown

Jul 6, 2017, 6:40:25 PM7/6/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
The short answer to your question is that "run_gqrx.sh" is not in your PATH variable.  Assuming that you're already in the directory where the script is, try typing "./run_gqrx.sh", so that it looks in your current directory for the script.

Having said that, you stated that you're using a "raspberry pi 2", but the directory name in your example seems to be for the RPI 3.  Using one that's compiled for the wrong one, is likely to cause you "illegal instruction" errors when it runs.

Lloyd

Robert

Jul 7, 2017, 6:28:30 AM7/7/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for you help !
Both problems were real .
I just followed indications for install without paying attention to details .
Now gqrx work  fine .

Thank you !

Robert

Robert Savulescu