gqrx stopped working after El Cap update this weekend

christoph...@swedish.org

Apr 18, 2016, 11:32:43 PM4/18/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex:

I've been running gqrx on MBP 2013 with El Cap for a few months. It's been so much better for me than SDRDx, so thanks.

But Mac OS auto-updated El Cap few days ago and now I get a flat green line on the rf spectrum no matter what frequency, but only when dB range is all the way down to -200 dB.  No audio spectrum, either. The dB meter sometimes jumps all over the place, sometimes nothing. Squelch is all the way down. Demod mode doesn't matter either. Went back to SDRDx to make sure my FCDP+ was working, and it is.

Aside from the occasional freeze-up when I switched demod modes, it was working great before the update. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Chris

Alexandru Csete

Apr 19, 2016, 11:35:16 AM4/19/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

This sounds like the issue we have discovered and fixed few weeks ago:
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/357

An updated app bundle for OS X is available here:
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/releases/tag/v2.5.3

I hope this fixes it.

Alex

christoph...@swedish.org

Apr 20, 2016, 12:02:04 AM4/20/16
to Gqrx SDR
Thanks Alex. Turns out I already had the most recent .dmg (2.5.3.2) and that's what's not recognizing FCDP+. I deleted old, re-downloaded and unpacked it again anyway. I looked through the earlier posts on the the issue and tried launching from the terminal - same result. I also saw you make reference to using the -r command to reset configuration, but I don't speak "Terminal" well enough to make that work.

Any other ideas? I'd load gqrx onto my other laptop and be done with it, but it's old enough that it's only 32-bit.

Chris

Alexandru Csete

Apr 20, 2016, 2:37:40 PM4/20/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 6:02 AM, <christoph...@swedish.org> wrote:
> Thanks Alex. Turns out I already had the most recent .dmg (2.5.3.2) and
> that's what's not recognizing FCDP+. I deleted old, re-downloaded and
> unpacked it again anyway. I looked through the earlier posts on the the
> issue and tried launching from the terminal - same result. I also saw you
> make reference to using the -r command to reset configuration, but I don't
> speak "Terminal" well enough to make that work.

-r is just a command line option appended at the end of the command
you use to launch gqrx i the terminal, i.e.:

Gqrx.app/Contents/MacOS/gqrx -r

Alex