Way to suppress last prompt "What did you think of this tutorial?"

srjcl...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2013, 11:24:24 AM8/26/13
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This summer we rolled out two guides for testing in about 8 different information literacy classes. The students were given extra credit for completing the quiz, and mailing the results to the info literacy instructors.  We also asked them to fill out a questionnaire of questions we were specifically collecting data on in their Moodle classrooms. (These were all online students).

We ran into a point of confusion, however, where some students managed to confuse the "what did you think of this quiz" prompt with the quiz, and with the supplemental questionnaire that we wanted them to answer instead.

We found ourselves wishing we could suppress that built in prompt for feedback, as it interfered with our data collection and confused our students. Does anyone know of a way to suppress that built in feedback prompt from appearing?

Thanks,

Alicia Virtue
Santa Rosa Junior College

Laurel Eby

Oct 15, 2013, 1:08:32 PM10/15/13
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in hearing the answer to this question as well!

Laurel Eby
San Jose State University

Sigrid Kelsey

Nov 4, 2013, 11:50:50 AM11/4/13
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
We were getting quite a bit of spam from this link, so I deleted the 'provide_feedback', from line 27 of /app/Controller/TutorialsController.php and it took care of the link, but it would be nice to have an option from the admin interface.  I just did this now, so I haven't done a lot of testing, but it seems to have taken care of the link without causing any issues.

Sigrid

sue chen

Dec 5, 2014, 3:23:12 PM12/5/14
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sigrid,

Has deleting the line you indicated caused any issues so far? I would like to make sure before I ask our IT people to do it. Thanks. -Sue

Mike Hagedon

Dec 26, 2014, 6:13:46 PM12/26/14
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
FYI, we do intend to make this available from the admin interface: https://github.com/ualibraries/Guide-on-the-Side/issues/73