Flickering TOC menu

Graham Sherriff

Aug 2, 2017, 1:18:35 PM8/2/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
In some of my library's tutorials, if the learner mouses over the TOC button, the TOC menu flickers on and off, then pops open and stays there.

The menu disappears if the learner mouses over it, but it reappears if they mouse off.

It happens intermittently and it seems to happen on different OS and different browsers.

Is anyone else experiencing this or can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks,

Graham

Mike Hagedon

Aug 8, 2017, 1:25:01 PM8/8/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hi Graham,
We've seen this before, but not for a while, so I thought it was fixed. Do you have a public tutorial we could see where it's happening?

Thanks,
Mike
University of Arizona

Graham Sherriff

Aug 14, 2017, 3:11:58 PM8/14/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hi Mike,

We recently had reports of this issue affecting this tutorial - but of course now I can't replicate the problem.

Thanks for looking into this,

Graham

Mike Hagedon

Aug 25, 2017, 10:13:28 PM8/25/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
Has anyone else on the list seen this?

Mike

Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery)

Aug 26, 2017, 5:13:17 PM8/26/17
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com

Yes, it has happened to me a few times.

Graham Sherriff

Aug 26, 2017, 6:52:06 PM8/26/17
to Guide on the Side discussion, ym...@email.arizona.edu
I think this is happening when the learner hovers on the TOC menu while the tutorial is still loading, or clicks on a TOC option before the tutorial has fully loaded.

Is that a plausible explanation?

Mike Hagedon

Aug 26, 2017, 7:43:27 PM8/26/17
to Guide on the Side discussion, ym...@email.arizona.edu
Yes, I could see that as a possibility. Maybe we've only fixed part of it; we'll look into it more.

Mike Hagedon

Sep 1, 2017, 1:31:23 PM9/1/17
to Guide on the Side discussion, ym...@email.arizona.edu