Problem with display of EBSCOhost databases

Judith Garrison

Jun 8, 2017, 10:24:42 AM6/8/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
For the starting location URL for my two guides I have used a redirect link from our consortium subscription and it has worked fine until recently. Not sure when it stopped working-- I just discovered it today.
Now the redirect link works outside of GOTS but does not open a window in the tutorial.   Any clues as to what has changed?  Could this be on the EBSCO end of things?  Does it has anything to do with the session id information in the url?

lds...@alaska.edu

Jun 12, 2017, 7:47:54 PM6/12/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
We are having the same issue with our EBSCO guides. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

lds...@alaska.edu

Jun 12, 2017, 7:52:42 PM6/12/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
We have been able to work around the issue using POP up mode, but it isn't ideal, and doesn't work at all for those accessing on iPads, phones, etc.

Judith Garrison

Jun 14, 2017, 11:18:10 AM6/14/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
I have contacted EBSCOhost and tried to explain what is happening.  I will pass along any information I get from them.
Cheers~
Judith

Mike Hagedon

Jun 29, 2017, 2:27:48 PM6/29/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
I suspect they've implemented a kind of frame-busting, for which popup mode is the only workaround at the moment. Let us know if you hear back.

Mike
Message has been deleted

UOW Library

Jul 16, 2017, 7:16:35 PM7/16/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
We got around this by finding the link without a session id and then adding a link to the front page of the tutorial, not ideal but does the trick. here is what we mean, even though you wont be able to login into our EBSCo search you can see how we have done the wording.
Go to page 2 of our tutorial see step 1
http://gots.uow.edu.au/gots/tutorial/where-is-this-book