Suppress Name and Email Fields but Still Receive a Certificate of Completion

David Vess

Aug 24, 2015, 11:02:27 AM8/24/15
to Guide on the Side discussion

Hi all,

We’re trying to use GOTS to conduct some research and need to remove all identifying information users are prompted to provide – Name and Email.

Does anyone out there know of a way for us to remove the Name and Email fields – without removing the “Print Email” button which generates the certificate?  We’re thinking we could leave the Print Email button for the user to click so the owners will still receive user’s activity results.

We’re asking this because we have researchers here who want to use GOTS-generated user activity results for publishable research.  The researchers need to use anonymous data for this project.

Thanks!

Liz Thompson

Aug 24, 2015, 11:17:34 AM8/24/15
to Guide on the Side discussion
In case there is any confusion, we want to collect anonymous user activity results that would normally be reported in the certificate of completion -- things like user responses to the multiple choice or short answer practice questions within the guide (not quiz responses).
Thanks,
Liz

Graham Sherriff

Sep 1, 2015, 5:56:26 PM9/1/15
to Guide on the Side discussion
David and Liz,

Our library is also interested in research on student activity and performance in our GOTS tutorials - and we are looking for ways to compile and analyze certificate data without manual data entry. Please let me know if you can share some wisdom about how to convert the data that generate the certificates into a dataset that's more easily aggregated and manipulated.

Thanks! and best wishes for your library's research!

Graham
graham....@uvm.edu