How do I use Popup Mode?

Sarah Eckhart

Jan 4, 2018, 11:59:24 AM1/4/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hello,

I have a few databases that I need to link to, however, when you log in to them the guide on the side disappears. I read that popup mode might be a way around this. How do I use this? What goes into this space? I'm fairly new to using Guide on the Side so I don't know very much about it.

Thanks!

Sarah
2018-01-04_11-56-50.jpg

Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery)

Jan 4, 2018, 1:37:57 PM1/4/18
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sarah

Hopefully, I can answer your question. In order to execute pop-up mode, you will need to Check the box next to Popup mode in the Edit Information Tab. This is located just under the Starting Location box.

I hope that helps.

Yvonne

Yvonne Mery

Associate Librarian

University of Arizona Libraries

Sarah Eckhart

Jan 4, 2018, 2:22:09 PM1/4/18
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yvonne,

I do see where popup mode is located, however next to it is a text entry field, not a check box. When I click into that I get a cursor. Screenshot attached.

-Sarah

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery) <ym...@email.arizona.edu> wrote:

Hi Sarah

Hopefully, I can answer your question. In order to execute pop-up mode, you will need to Check the box next to Popup mode in the Edit Information Tab. This is located just under the Starting Location box.

I hope that helps.

Yvonne

Yvonne Mery

Associate Librarian

University of Arizona Libraries

I have a few databases that I need to link to, however, when you log in to them the guide on the side disappears. I read that popup mode might be a way around this. How do I use this? What goes into this space? I'm fairly new to using Guide on the Side so I don't know very much about it.

Thanks!

Sarah

2018-01-04_14-18-56.jpg

Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery)

Jan 4, 2018, 2:50:10 PM1/4/18
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com, Hagedon, Mike - (mhagedon), Sult, Leslie A - (lsult)

Hi Sarah

It looks very different on my end, and not sure why. Ccing some other folks that may have some insights.

Yvonne

Sult, Leslie A - (lsult)

Jan 4, 2018, 2:54:12 PM1/4/18
to Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery), gots-d...@googlegroups.com, Hagedon, Mike - (mhagedon), Osborne, Clint Andy - (cao89), Simpson, William S - (wsimpson)

Hi all – I’m not sure why it looks different – Sarah, can you try a different browser to see if you get the same weird box? I’m adding Will and Andy to this as well.

Leslie

Sarah Eckhart

Jan 4, 2018, 3:08:56 PM1/4/18
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com, Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery), Hagedon, Mike - (mhagedon), Osborne, Clint Andy - (cao89), Simpson, William S - (wsimpson)
It still shows up as a text entry field. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

-Sarah

Sult, Leslie A - (lsult)

Jan 4, 2018, 3:14:51 PM1/4/18
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com, Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery), Hagedon, Mike - (mhagedon), Osborne, Clint Andy - (cao89), Simpson, William S - (wsimpson)

Thanks Sarah – hopefully Mike, Will or Andy can help troubleshoot.

Leslie

It still shows up as a text entry field. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

-Sarah

Sarah Eckhart

Jan 4, 2018, 3:35:24 PM1/4/18
to Simpson, William S - (wsimpson), gots-d...@googlegroups.com, Mery, Yvonne D - (ymery), Hagedon, Mike - (mhagedon), Osborne, Clint Andy - (cao89), Sult, Leslie A - (lsult)
I do not, I had to get permissions from someone else. So maybe I should start with them...

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Simpson, William S - (wsimpson) <wsim...@email.arizona.edu> wrote:

Hi Sarah,

Do you have access to the server that your GotS installation is hosted on?

Thanks,

Will Simpson
Applications Systems Analyst/Developer, Senior
UA Library TeSS