JSTOR problems

Ilana Kingsley

Jul 30, 2014, 6:54:56 PM7/30/14
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to create a gots for JSTOR, but when try to access JSTOR from with gots I get a cookies error--

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

I have cookies turned on.  I can access JSTOR when I'm not in the frame.

Has anyone else encountered this?

TIA

Ilana

Mike Hagedon

Sep 26, 2014, 9:36:53 AM9/26/14
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilana,
Did you ever figure this out? We weren't able to reproduce it...

Mike

Ilana Kingsley

Sep 29, 2014, 6:12:00 PM9/29/14
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

--Ilana

Ilana Kingsley
University of Alaska Fairbanks Rasmuson Library
907-474-7518
ilana.k...@alaska.edu

Mike Hagedon

Oct 31, 2014, 4:27:29 PM10/31/14
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilana,
Now we can reproduce it on our own JSTOR tutorial. Bummer!

JSTOR is trying to access the top-level window, which won't work when it's inside GotS: "Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document."

I see 2 options: (1) wait until we release pop-up support (we will at some point, I promise! Or you can try the master branch on GitHub at your own risk...) or (2) ask JSTOR to fix it. I'm going to look into #2 now. #1 brings some special issues and I'd rather not use it unless we have to.

Mike