https compatability

UOW Library

Jul 16, 2017, 7:11:05 PM7/16/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
Is there a way to make GotS work with https websites, seems to go blank. I am not super techy but could forward any instructions to the IT people. I know I can use pop up mode but would rather not. Is that the only way around it>?

Colleen Bell

Jul 16, 2017, 10:46:17 PM7/16/17
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com

We’ve been having these issues with various web sites, and the only solution we’ve found is to install GoTS on a secure server. It will allow you to reference content on both secure and insecure servers. We’ve configured our server so that content on the server can be referenced either way. When we need to bring in secure content from another server, we can use https://; otherwise we use http://

Colleen

--

Colleen Bell, MLIS

Information Literacy & Web Services Librarian

Chief Negotiator & Steward, Faculty & Staff Association

University of the Fraser Valley

33844 King Road * Abbotsford, BC * V2S 7M8

On 2017-07-16, 4:11 PM, "gots-d...@googlegroups.com on behalf of UOW Library" <gots-d...@googlegroups.com on behalf of uowli...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a way to make GotS work with https websites, seems to go blank. I am not super techy but could forward any instructions to the IT people. I know I can use pop up mode but would rather not. Is that the only way around it>?

Mike Hagedon

Jul 17, 2017, 1:59:13 PM7/17/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
Browsers these days don't let you mix http and https in the same page (for good reason), so currently your solution, Colleen, is probably best, otherwise pop-up mode is other choice.

Mike

UOW Library

Jul 19, 2017, 12:29:47 AM7/19/17
to Guide on the Side discussion
Thanks Colleen,

Have forward info to our IT department, hopefully will have it sorted soon.