Problem with tutorials using proxied resources

joud

Aug 7, 2015, 11:46:17 AM8/7/15
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hello,
We're trying to implement Guide on the Side, but have run into a major issue in the frames mode with tutorials featuring library e-resources that are proxied.  The tutorial works fine until the point where we click on the resource link and connect to the resource (even on-campus where we don't need to log in), then the right frame hangs and displays a blank screen in most browsers.  We suspect this may have something to do with how our proxy works and the known iframes security issue.   Everything works fine in pop-up mode, but we really want to use the frames mode.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so how have you dealt with it?

Thanks,

Joanne Oud
Wilfrid Laurier Unviersity Library

Claire Wollen

Aug 10, 2016, 4:33:18 PM8/10/16
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hello Joanne - I know this post is a year old, but I'm just starting with GOTS and am having the same problem.

Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks!

Claire
Sheridan College, Mississauga