GotS Configuration Assistance

wichitastateu...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 4:06:47 PM3/21/16
to Guide on the Side discussion
Collective Wisdom,

Our library has been in the setup phase for GotS for a couple months now, but have hit a snag we are having great difficulty overcoming. I have been working with an engineer who is documenting our entire process in detail, as there were many steps in the setup for the server that were not included in the GotS installation instructions. I would be immeasurably grateful if anyone would be willing to share their config.yml settings with us so we could compare them to our own. I suspect it is a simple problem we are experiencing, and that this could resolve it. If you have any other suggestions or questions, I welcome those as well!

Thanks in advance,
 Samuel

Mike Hagedon

Mar 29, 2016, 5:48:48 PM3/29/16
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hi Samuel,
What sorts of trouble are you having?

Here's one of our configuration files. I've redacted most of the info, so I'm not sure how useful it actually is...

Mike
Co-creator, GotS

------

application_title: Tutorials
theme: UAL

feedback_link:
  enabled: true
  default_text: "What did you think of this tutorial?"

database:
  datasource: Database/Mysql
  host: localhost
  login: your_login
  password: your_password
  database: your_database

lucene:
  enabled: false

email:
  # smtp (recommended) or php
  transport: php
  send_from: an_email_address
  send_all_feedback_to: another_email_address
  log: false

# only if you chose smtp above
smtp:
  host:
  port: 587
  username:
  password:
  timeout: 30
  # none, ssl, or tls
  encryption: tls

# Settings for Universal Analytics accounts
universal_analytics:
  enabled: false
  account_id: UA-something

# Settings for Classic Google Analytics accounts
# If you're unsure if you're using Classic Google Analytics or Universal
google_analytics:
  enabled: true
  account_id: your_account_id
  domain_name: your_domain

piwik_analytics:
  enabled: false
  piwik_server: piwik.server.com # Your Piwik server address (no leading http:///https://)
  site_id: 99                    # Number provided by Piwik

authentication:
  # local, shibboleth, or cas
  method: shibboleth

# only fill these out if you selected shibboleth above
shibboleth:
  login_url:  https://%HOST%/Shibboleth.sso/Login
  logout_url: https://%HOST%/Shibboleth.sso/Logout
  login_link_text: UA NetID Login
  username_field: your_shibboleth_username_field

# To make use of CAS, set authentication.method to cas and fill in these values
# The following sample configuration would work if your CAS login url is https://cas.example.com/cas/login
# Enable force_ssl_redirect if your CAS server requires SSL.
cas:
  hostname: cas.example.com
  port: 443
  uri: cas
  force_ssl_redirect: false

wichitastateu...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2016, 12:56:18 PM4/7/16
to Guide on the Side discussion
Thank you, Mike!

I appreciate your help. We just got our instance working! In the end, I believe the problem was in the apache2.conf file, where we needed to change the AllowOverride rules:

/var/www/ "AllowOverride None" to "AllowOverride FileInfo Options AuthConfig"

We also had an issue where the mod it was looking for in the index.php file didn't exist (a2enmod, I believe), which is why index.php didn't appear to run. Once we got that mod in place, the window loaded properly.

I am thankful for your reply, and will make use of it as I work through the final configurations, though I understand its limitations due to the necessary scrubbing. It is so exciting to finally have it working!

Thank you again,
Samuel

Mike Hagedon

Apr 8, 2016, 2:09:43 PM4/8/16
to Guide on the Side discussion
Ah, yes, that would do it! Glad you figured it out. :-)

Mike