Khao Yai weekend away/mark your diary.

james osborn

May 19, 2017, 6:07:56 AM5/19/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Some of the founding fathers of the GOTP decided it would be a "nice idea" to expand the group's activities. After a detailed debate over a couple of drinks it was decided a weekend away in Khao Yai was a good idea. So mark your diaries for the weekend of June 24th and 25th for a Saturday overnight stay in Khao Yai with a ride Saturday morning starting at 8.30 AM to give people a chance to get there and a ride starting at 7.30 AM on the Sunday.

The plan is to ride the Tour de Farm route each day in opposite directions with an "added loop" on the Saturday ride. This will be a group ride although depending on numbers and talent we may split accordingly. More details will follow along with accommodation suggestions and meeting points.

All you need do now is mark your diary and at some point an indication of interest, just the yeses please, which will help us suggest where we stay. This is a family friendly weekend so anyone is welcome, even Hamish and people from Switzerland?!? Although there will be an organized dinner on Saturday 24th riders must not feel compelled to attend if they have family etc to be with.

All you need do now is mark your diary, and start negotiations on the home front.

James Osborn
Mobile + 6681 831 4953

Donal T. Coyne TH

May 19, 2017, 7:57:21 AM5/19/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

James:

Am probably not up to speed with the GOPT these days- good for the first 30 klms only!- but let me check with boss and see if we can help with a Saturday morning convenient parking lot, apres ride shower and a swim, before folks head for hotel and or dinner.

If whole families I’m not sure the pool and gym will work while boys ride but lots of garden, grass etc for running jumping skipping!

Will advise Monday,

Have a good one,

Donal T. Coyne AIA ACIArb

MANAGING PARTNER

Steven J. Leach Jr. + Associates Limited

T (662) 650 5585       F (662) 650 5587

www.sla-group.com

Hong Kong - Taipei - Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok - Tokyo - Bucharest - Shanghai - Seoul

marcel ewals

May 19, 2017, 8:06:51 AM5/19/17
to GOTP

Brilliant!!!

Pawel Chrusciel

May 19, 2017, 8:11:25 AM5/19/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Great idea. For this reason I can postpone my holiday trip to Poland, so please count me in

Pafcio

Tony Jamed

May 20, 2017, 2:16:07 AM5/20/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

James

Yes

Regards

Tony Jamed
Technical Director, Thailand, Aurecon
T +66 2 3333222 F +66 2 3333233 M +66 816227219
Tony....@aurecongroup.com

DISCLAIMER

Some of the founding fathers of the GOTP decided it would be a "nice idea" to expand the group's activities. After a detailed debate over a couple of drinks it was decided a weekend away in Khao Yai was a good idea. So mark your diaries for the weekend of June 24th and 25th for a Saturday overnight stay in Khao Yai with a ride Saturday morning starting at 8.30 AM to give people a chance to get there and a ride starting at 7.30 AM on the Sunday.

Claus Bergenfelt

May 20, 2017, 5:35:30 AM5/20/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good James, count me inm
Claus

May 21, 2017, 5:57:27 AM5/21/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Count me in.

Paul

Kris Cooper

May 21, 2017, 6:08:52 AM5/21/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Would love to join, unfortunately it happens to be my wife's birthday that weekend, so there's no way I'll be allowed out to ride :-)

Kris

Hamish Keith

May 21, 2017, 6:11:36 AM5/21/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone

Deepak

May 21, 2017, 6:15:29 AM5/21/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I am in too.

Sent from my iPhone

Jens Bergsoe

May 21, 2017, 9:32:54 PM5/21/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Dear James,

That is an excellent idea and I would really like to join – however I am already in Europe end of June.

Kind regards

Jens Bergsoe

Managing Director

Scanproducts Co., Ltd.

1/2 Soi Ekamai 2, Sukhumvit 63 (Ekamai)

Prakanong Nua, Wattana

Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Tel. +66 2 714 1882

Fax. +66 2 714 1898

je...@scanproducts.co.th | www.scanproducts.co.th

Some of the founding fathers of the GOTP decided it would be a "nice idea" to expand the group's activities. After a detailed debate over a couple of drinks it was decided a weekend away in Khao Yai was a good idea. So mark your diaries for the weekend of June 24th and 25th for a Saturday overnight stay in Khao Yai with a ride Saturday morning starting at 8.30 AM to give people a chance to get there and a ride starting at 7.30 AM on the Sunday.

image001.png

Graeme York

May 24, 2017, 6:31:25 AM5/24/17
to GOTP
Apologies for tardy response, but I'm confirmed.  So is Ann in case there are other partners, or very steady riders, interested in doing a couple of shorter rides.

Graeme

Iurii Marushevskyi

May 24, 2017, 6:51:44 AM5/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Count me in.

Sincerely, Iurii

Chiratas Nivatpumin

May 24, 2017, 8:35:06 AM5/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Great idea James. Perhaps when the date gets closer, send out details of the start points for each day? Will try to make at least one day, if not both…

Cheers,

Jim

Hamish Keith

May 24, 2017, 8:52:06 AM5/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Paul, Ossie, Graeme and I have booked two nights at Hotel Des Artistes near the north gate. Cost is  Bt 7400 for the weekend (Fri and Sat nights) inc breakfast. They only have 12 rooms but there is availability and if anyone else would like to stay there I can book.

The hotel is not available on Agoda and there is a two nights minimum stay. Cost is 7400 THB for a standard room for two nights.

There are plenty of other options at different budgets close by on Agoda for those that prefer to stay elsewhere.

This hotel will sell out so let me know soon if you want to book and I will need full payment to confirm.

Cheers

Hamish

book a few more
Sent from my iPhone

On May 24, 2017, at 17:31, Graeme York <graem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Apologies for tardy response, but I'm confirmed.  So is Ann in case there are other partners, or very steady riders, interested in doing a couple of shorter rides.

Graeme

Ryan RUHL

May 24, 2017, 9:14:09 AM5/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi fellas,

I'd love to join but will be in the US at that point.  Have a great time and thanks for the idea!

Ryan

Ryan Ruhl
School Psychologist
(Elementary/Middle School)

International School Bangkok (ISB)
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani, Samakee Road,
Amphur Pakkret, Nonthaburi 11120 Thailand
Tel: +66 2 963 5800   Fax: +66 2 583 5432

Thailand’s Premier International School since 1951

www.isb.ac.th

NOY BURANAKUL

May 24, 2017, 11:05:09 AM5/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Will go too!

yannis janssens

May 26, 2017, 8:21:07 AM5/26/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
AAAHHHH wish i could join. But will be in Belgium that period.

Yannis Janssens
Managing Director  |  NIYA Concepts
Pastry Concepts & Hospitality Development

USA: +1 786.897.4702 ( primary)
TH:   +66 92.452.0730

Paul Cook

Jun 14, 2017, 2:53:10 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Guys, need another show of hands from all those intending to head to Khao Yai on the weekend of 23-25 June (No need to reply of you’re not going).

I believe Hamish has some rooms reserved at the Hotel D’Artiste for the dates in question and if we speak nicely to him, Donal might sponsor a cycle break at his resort as we pass there around the 80km mark…

Will be an easy weekend spinning the legs so all welcome

Various amusements will be at hand, and word has it Hamish will be riding his 1977 Raleigh Chopper (3 speed) up from the North gate as a form of handicap to allow the rest of us a chance!

Also the Lions first test v All Blacks will be televised on the Saturday afternoon. Would be good if we can locate a venue to watch that or perhaps good Ole Donal can hook the game up at his resort!!!

Cheers,

Paul

Pawel Chrusciel

Jun 14, 2017, 3:56:59 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

I'm coming.

Regards,
Pafcio

Pawel Chrusciel

Jun 14, 2017, 3:59:21 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Maybe we can make a list and everyone can fill his name?

1. Paweł Chrusciel
2...

james osborn

Jun 14, 2017, 4:01:49 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I'm going. It will be a good Broke Back Mountain experience without the gay bits.

James Osborn

Tony Jamed

Paul Cook

Jun 14, 2017, 5:04:56 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
So far we have the following:

1. Paweł Chruscie

2. Ozzy

3. Tony Jamed
4. Chris Taylor
5. Hamish Keith
6. Iuri
7. Paul Cook
8. Randy Nelson
9. Deepak (confirmed but doubtful)
10. Claus B
11. Graeme York
12. Donal Coyne
13. Nic (potential attendee, but needs some arm twisting)
14. Noy (arriving early Saturday morning and staying over until Sunday)

From Ozzys original e mail, the concept is the make it a bit of a family weekend for those who wish to bring their families.

Any other takers??

Cheers,

Paul

Claus Bergenfelt

Jun 14, 2017, 5:05:44 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

I will join but only Saturday morning

Claus

Jun 14, 2017, 5:08:00 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Me (with +1), but not 100% sure yet

Paul

Will go too!

Paul Cook

Jun 14, 2017, 7:20:32 AM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Yurii,

Sounds good.

Hope you can make it.

Cheers,

Paul Cook

Donal T. Coyne TH

Jun 14, 2017, 9:05:20 PM6/14/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

P:

I’ll be there but don’t have the engine to do the speed or distances you’re considering…I should be OK for the 2nd half of the Sunday ride…assuming you are going up the national park that day!

cheers

Donal T. Coyne AIA ACIArb

MANAGING PARTNER

Jun 15, 2017, 10:26:30 AM6/15/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I am now going to be in Australia the weekend of our Khao Yai trip. I have already booked and paid for accommodation at Hotel Artiste. If anyone is interested in taking my room (Friday and Saturday nights), let me know.

Graeme

Sent from my iPad

Scott Gerrie (DHL SG)

Jun 16, 2017, 8:32:07 AM6/16/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Anyone riding tomorrow? Thinking of leaving PT on the normal route at 630am if interested.

Cheers

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(www.blackberry.com)

Paul Cook

Jun 18, 2017, 1:56:27 AM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
For those coming to Khao Yai next weekend, we were planning for a dinner on Saturday 24th June, evening at a well know restaurant called Sireena. This will need to be booked in advance as it's a popular place at weekends.
So for those who wish to join for the diner with wife's, families etc, could we get an idea of numbers?

Will need to make a reservation by tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul Cook

james osborn

Tony Jamed

Jun 18, 2017, 2:13:12 AM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Paul

Chris Taylor and my family will be there – 5 of us

Regards

Tony Jamed
Technical Director, Thailand, Aurecon
T +66 2 3333222 F +66 2 3333233 M +66 816227219
Tony....@aurecongroup.com

DISCLAIMER

Hamish Keith

Jun 18, 2017, 2:38:35 AM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Put me down for two. Thanks
Hamish

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Cook

Jun 18, 2017, 3:31:25 AM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
So far,

Hamish x 2
Tony x 5
Ozzy x 1 (obviously not planning to feed the weekends entertainment)
Donal x 3
Paul x 3
Noy x ?
Randy x ?
Herbert x ?
Iuri x ?
Claus x ?

Current Total = 14 with a few above still to reply.

Paul Cook

Donal T. Coyne TH

Jun 18, 2017, 3:38:41 AM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

P:

Sireena restaurant has a cracking tomahawk steak but you really need to advance book it and it feeds about 4 if you are hungry!..probably about THB 1,800.00-2,000.00 depending on weight but that and a salad…and push the salad to the side!

AM not making a pitch but best I’ve had in this part of the world!

cheers

Donal T. Coyne AIA ACIArb

MANAGING PARTNER

Steven J. Leach Jr. + Associates Limited

T (662) 650 5585       F (662) 650 5587

www.sla-group.com

Hong Kong - Taipei - Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok - Tokyo - Bucharest - Shanghai - Seoul

Iurii Marushevskyi

Jun 18, 2017, 3:53:49 AM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Put me down for 3.
Thank you.

Sincerely, Iurii

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM, 'Donal T. Coyne TH' via GOTP <gotpb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

P:

Sireena restaurant has a cracking tomahawk steak but you really need to advance book it and it feeds about 4 if you are hungry!..probably about THB 1,800.00-2,000.00 depending on weight but that and a salad…and push the salad to the side!

Paul

Pawel Chrusciel

Jun 18, 2017, 1:15:40 PM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

..and me - one

Kind regards,

ด้วยความนับถือ

Paweł Chruściel

Randy Nelson

Jun 18, 2017, 5:48:36 PM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Count me in for 2

Thanks

Hamish Keith

Jun 18, 2017, 10:24:01 PM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Rooms at Hotel des Artistes are booked as follows:

1. Hamish Keith
2. James Osborn
3. Paul Cook
4. Iurii Marushevski
5. Tony Jamed
6. Chris Taylor
7. Randy Nelson

Name list has been sent to the hotel so rooms should be under names as per above. Otherwise if they don’t have a record the rooms were booked by EXO Travel.

Cheers

Hamish

Paul Cook

Jun 18, 2017, 11:58:28 PM6/18/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hamish.

Much appreciated.

Paul

cooks...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 12:08:48 PM6/19/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Donal,

Are we sorted for the viewing of the Lions game on Saturday afternoon?

Will you have your decoder in Khao Yai or is there an establishment that'll be showing it?

Cheers,

Paul

Donal T. Coyne TH

Jun 19, 2017, 6:55:23 PM6/19/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

P:

Not yet, have neither PULSE nor a good local venue…Am working on PULSE but bastard week as we say in the industry!

Stay tuned….!

Pawel Chrusciel

Jun 22, 2017, 2:52:03 AM6/22/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Kind regards,

ด้วยความนับถือ

Paweł Chruściel

Jul 24, 2017, 7:27:35 AM7/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone interested in the Gentlemen’s ride in Khao Yai on 30 Sep? http://asiaroadbike.com/event/peloton-of-gentlemen-classic-2017/

Organised by Chai Bulakul from Chokchai Farm (and GOTP) Tickets from www.farmchokchaisport.com

It would be good to get a GOTP contingent together for this one and form a real Gentelem’s Peloton.

I am going to join and will stay at the same hotel we used last time (same deal as below). If anyone wants rooms please let me know.

Cheers

Hamish

On May 24, 2017, at 13:51, Hamish Keith <hami...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Kris Cooper

Jul 24, 2017, 8:02:11 AM7/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Already registered quite some time ago

Kris

NOY BURANAKUL

Jul 24, 2017, 9:06:19 AM7/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Sure Hamish...i could be coaxed!

cooks...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2017, 12:13:49 PM7/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hamish,

Count me in.

Cheers,

Paul

Dr. Gilles Baenziger

Jul 24, 2017, 7:49:00 PM7/24/17
to GOTP Group
Hamish,

Could be an option but depends a little bit on work load and my conditions. Need to stay somewhere else, 7000+ Baht is out of my budget.

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / ด้วยความนับถือ

Dr. Gilles Baenziger
Email: gil...@baenziger.asia
Mobile: 081 554 6426
Skype: gbaenziger

Kris Cooper

Jul 24, 2017, 10:49:06 PM7/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gilles

I'm staying at Balios at 2100 a night, it's just behind the start point as well.

Kris

Dr. Gilles Baenziger

Jul 24, 2017, 11:45:08 PM7/24/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
That sounds good Kris.

BTW: not only you get new bikes. But I like to build them myself.
image1.JPG

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / ด้วยความนับถือ

Dr. Gilles Baenziger
(Dr. sc. techn. ETH)
Regional Technical Director
AZO Ltd. (Thailand)

NOY BURANAKUL

Jul 25, 2017, 12:27:05 AM7/25/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I will probably stay where I booked last time Khao Yai Aiyara Resort..cheap and cheerful at 1000 baht/night and just 1km down the road from Hotel Artists.
Best,
Noy

Hamish,

Kris Cooper

Jul 25, 2017, 12:41:39 AM7/25/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Nice bike Gilles, is that a Yoeleo frameset custom painted? Or something else? I saw a Yoeleo TT/Tri bike that looks quite nice a few weeks back.

The Balios is one of the event official hotels, so you also get a late (2pm) check out as well if you're only staying one night, if you stay for 2, you get 2000 a night room Rate instead of 2100. You need to call them and give your event registration number to get the special rate.

Cheers

Kris
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gotpbangkok...@googlegroups.com.

Dr. Gilles Baenziger

Jul 25, 2017, 12:55:55 AM7/25/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Kris...

Yes, Yoeleo R01 frame set custom painted.

I didn't get yet a registration number.

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / ด้วยความนับถือ

Dr. Gilles Baenziger
(Dr. sc. techn. ETH)
Regional Technical Director
AZO Ltd. (Thailand)

Graeme York

Jul 25, 2017, 1:53:38 AM7/25/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I will be away at that time.

Sent from my iPhone

cooks...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2017, 10:43:43 AM8/15/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Gents,

I'm booked to stay at the Juldis J2 which is right next door to the Palio.

Cheers,

Paul

Hamish Keith

Aug 15, 2017, 9:44:43 PM8/15/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Anyone that wants to stay at Hotel des Artistes please let me know this week.Cost is  Bt 7400 for the weekend (Fri and Sat nights) inc breakfast. It is a bit more expensive than other options but very good and family friendly.

Cheers

Hamish

Hamish Keith

Aug 30, 2017, 9:31:46 PM8/30/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Dear GOTP,

I received a message from Chai Bulakul from Chokchai Farm Sports Events, to say that if any more GOTP riders want to join the Gentlemen of the Peloton Ride 30 Sep, he can offer 10 free places.

Please reply with name and email address if you want to sign up.

Also, The Tour de Farm 6 is tentatively scheduled to be on Sunday January 21th 2018. Announcement coming soon!!

Cheers

Hamish

nburanakul

Aug 30, 2017, 9:51:49 PM8/30/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hamish,
This is great. I would like to do it. But which group would i ride with? Is this supposed to be a group/team effort?

Best,
Noy

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Kris Cooper

Aug 30, 2017, 9:54:43 PM8/30/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
How about for those that have already registered and paid?

Best Regards
Kris

Hamish Keith

Aug 30, 2017, 9:57:53 PM8/30/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Checking….

paul mcnally

Aug 30, 2017, 10:15:58 PM8/30/17
to Hamish Keith, gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hamish

I would like to join if possible, I hope I can get a kit for the event

Regards

Paul

paul mcnally
Sent from Polymail

Jean-Francois KLENTZI

Aug 30, 2017, 10:59:34 PM8/30/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hamish,

If it's not too late, i'm interesting for the ride in Khao Yai on 30th September.

(Jean Francois Klentzi, jfkl...@gmail.com)

Cheers

Jeff

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Iurii Marushevskyi

Aug 31, 2017, 12:16:50 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hamish

I would like to join if possible.

Iurii Marushevskyi

Sincerely, Iurii

Trevor Day

Aug 31, 2017, 12:21:11 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Me too Hamish please

Thanks

Iurii Marushevskyi

Aug 31, 2017, 1:03:05 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Hamish, I've paid fees already.
So, remove my name from the list please.

Scott Gerrie (DHL SG)

Aug 31, 2017, 1:05:13 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I'd be keen if spots still available?

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(www.blackberry.com)

藤井健司

Aug 31, 2017, 2:56:06 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

藤井健司

Aug 31, 2017, 2:58:24 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hamish,

Pls let me in if spot is still available.

Kenji Fujii

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Claus Bergenfelt

Aug 31, 2017, 5:22:01 AM8/31/17
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Hamish

I have registered and paid already……..!!

Claus