Install Gosu Eclipse Plugin

Edson

Nov 8, 2010, 10:29:33 AM11/8/10
to gosu-lang
When I tried to download/install the eclipse plugin I got the
following missing dependencies:

Software being installed: Gosu Editor 0.7.0
(gw.studio.gosu.editor.feature.group 0.7.0)
Missing requirement: AspectJ Development Tools Core 2.1.1.e35x-
release-20101021-0900 (org.eclipse.ajdt.core 2.1.1.e35x-
release-20101021-0900) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime
[3.5.0,3.6.0)' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: Gosu Editor 0.7.0 (gw.studio.gosu.editor.feature.group
0.7.0)
To: org.eclipse.ajdt.feature.group 2.0.1
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: AspectJ Examples 2.1.1.e35x-release-20101021-0900
(org.eclipse.ajdt.examples 2.1.1.e35x-release-20101021-0900)
To: bundle org.eclipse.ajdt.core 0.0.0
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: AspectJ Development Tools 2.1.1.e35x-release-20101021-0900
(org.eclipse.ajdt.feature.group 2.1.1.e35x-release-20101021-0900)
To: org.eclipse.ajdt.examples [2.1.1.e35x-release-20101021-0900]

Could somebody provide instructions for installing them as well?

Thanks,
Edson

MichielH

Nov 8, 2010, 10:38:45 AM11/8/10
to gosu-lang
Hey Edson,

I ran into the same problem and got it to work by doing the
following :

- Making sure I was using Eclipse 3.5 (downloadable from
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/galileo/r )
- Also selecting the "AspectJ Development Tools" after selecting
"Gosu Eclipse Tools". If you can't find ADT, you'll probably find it
by browsing in "--All Available Sites--".

After this it worked like a charm for me (created my first hello,
world! and all). Unfortunately I couldn't find a Gosu perspective yet
(although in all honestly I didn't carefully look for this either), so
you'll probably have to work in the Java perspective.

Enjoy!

- Michiel

Gus Prevas

Nov 8, 2010, 11:09:44 AM11/8/10
to gosu...@googlegroups.com
If I recall correctly, we didn't add a Gosu perspective because it wouldn't be any different from the Java perspective.  The Gosu plugin hooks in to all of the regular Java mechanisms (outline view, etc.)

MichielH

Nov 8, 2010, 4:01:14 PM11/8/10
to gosu-lang
That makes sense :). I now modified the Java perspective a bit so it
suits the Gosu types better and it works quite nicely.
> > .

MichielH

Nov 12, 2010, 8:58:21 AM11/12/10
to gosu-lang
In follow up, I read someone used Gosu in combination with Eclipse
Helios (3.6). As I prefer to use Helios (3.6.1), I attempted to
realize this myself, with success :

1) add "http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/36/update" as an update
site
2) install "AspectJ Development Tools" from this update site
3) add "http://gosu-lang.org/eclipse" as an update site
4) install Gosu Eclipse Tools
5) enable JDT Weaving (in preferences -> JDT Weaving)
6) restart eclipse

This did the job for me. As I don't think Gosu in Eclipse 3.6+ is
officially supported, YMMV ;)

pwilliams

Nov 12, 2010, 6:30:50 PM11/12/10
to gosu-lang
Correct. We haven't migrated internally to 3.6. IIRC, the biggest
reason is that our tests are using an older version of SWTBot that
does not support 3.6 but upgrading that means absorbing an API change,
yadda, yadda, yadda... or something like that.

We'll support 3.6 Real Soon Now, if you get my drift.

carljmosca

Nov 14, 2010, 8:55:28 PM11/14/10
to gosu-lang
I am not having any luck with the plugin so far. I am on a Mac and
have installed both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Eclipse 3.5
(alongside my existing copy of 3.6). When I install the plugin (along
with AspectJ Development Tools) I can no longer start Eclipse after
the installation completes. I have not yet tried the gosu plugin on
the 3.6 version of Eclipse.

The log is below:

!SESSION Sun Nov 14 20:53:00 EST 2010
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2010-11-14 20:53:00.569
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:556)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Dumitru Petrusca

Nov 15, 2010, 11:35:22 PM11/15/10
to gosu-lang
The stack trace you posted does not seem to have anything to do with
the plugin. If you go into eclipse/plugins and delete all jars of the
form gw.*.jar does your problem go away? If not, then something else
might be going on.

Dumitru.

Matt

Nov 23, 2010, 9:13:47 AM11/23/10
to gosu-lang
On 15 Nov., 02:55, carljmosca <carljmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not having any luck with the plugin so far.

Neither am I, as a matter of fact. I downloaded a fresh copy of
Eclipse 3.5 SR2 today and followed the instructions for installing the
plugin, but no matter what I tried (like restarting from scratch ...),
I do not see "Gosu class" when I open "File --> New".

Is something broken ATM? What can I do to locate the problem? The
plugin seems to have installed just fine, according to Eclipse.

TIA
Matt