Database config file

Jimmy C

Nov 12, 2015, 3:45:51 PM11/12/15
to Ratchet
Hi.  I'm trying to learn Ratchet to develop a mobile app.  I am able to create a webview in Android to display a webpage which connects to an online database.  The db connection login info is stored in a php configuration file on my web server along with numerous other php pages.  I would like to be able to move all those php pages and package it into the mobile app itself, however, I do not know how I would prevent a user who downloads the app from looking into the php code and seeing the database connection info.  So far the documentation I see for Ratchet consists of HTML, JS, CSS files.  Does it support php and if so, how would I be able to solve the problem above?  Would I need to create a SQLite db on first installation and dump the db connection info there?  Would it be safe that way?

Forgive my ignorance if these sound like dumb questions.

Jimmy