Is there any way to get a session variable without using Symfony?

Nate

Jan 31, 2015, 11:49:15 AM1/31/15
to gora...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to use Ratchet to push notifications to specific users on my website. On each page load I have users subscribe to a topic with their id, but I need to be able to reject the connection if the user id in $_SESSION does not match the user id in the connection request.

The Ratchet documentation shows a SessionProvider class that allows session data to be retrieved, but it says a Symfony2 Session must be used. I have a custom session handler on my website and really don't want to mess around with installing the Symfony framework. Is there any other way to get this one session variable?

Thanks!
Message has been deleted