Whoops -- I pushed without a PR first.

Samuel Falvo II

Jul 31, 2014, 5:42:49 PM7/31/14
to gophercloud-dev
While I'm preparing to (finally!) add support for floating IP
extensions, which requires a somewhat cleaner directory structure for
the acceptance tests, I forgot that I was on the v0.2.0 branch, and as
a result, I goofed up. I hope this isn't too inconvenient, but for
those working on the v0.2.0 branch, I accidentally pushed to the
v0.2.0 branch instead of a fork. Thus, I didn't create a PR.

John Perritt, or others who are interested, can you review the
following commits:

- https://github.com/rackspace/gophercloud/commit/28cadc29c18969c75effaa65ae007242d3b886ae
- https://github.com/rackspace/gophercloud/commit/43d8353e173ecc7cf1924c5502cc9ce69336c2a5

and let me know if this will cause problems? Tests so far seem to run
on my side. Also, apologies for some of the temporary files (like
test.go). Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. He's from
the government; he's here to help.

Thanks! And next set of commits, I promise, will be on a topic branch.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II

Jon Perritt

Aug 1, 2014, 7:13:31 AM8/1/14
to gopherc...@googlegroups.com
I can look at this tonight.

Jon Perritt

Aug 10, 2014, 11:56:55 PM8/10/14
to gopherc...@googlegroups.com
This took me a while to figure out. One of the Identity acceptance tests was failing for me, and maybe it always did and I just didn't notice it. The format being returned from the call to list extensions has 2 layers of map[string]interface{}. Namely:

{ "extensions":
  { "values":
     [{extension here}, {extension here}, ...]
  }
}

(Yes, I know the OpenStack docs linked in the Gophercloud source say otherwise...)

The data for testing the extensions is, when unmarshaled, of type map[string]interface{}, and the second layer is of type []interface{}. However, the acceptance test was failing, since the list-extensions-query result has a different format (specifically, its second layer is of type map[string]interface{}, then the third level is []interface{}).

I've fixed this in a test branch and made a PR for review here: https://github.com/rackspace/gophercloud/pull/172

-- JRP

Jon Perritt

Aug 10, 2014, 11:59:24 PM8/10/14
to gophercloud-dev
Hmm, and I didn't even address the original question. Let me close that loop: the other tests seem to be passing fine for me.

Samuel Falvo II

Aug 11, 2014, 6:38:57 PM8/11/14
to Jon Perritt, gophercloud-dev
Odd. It's not failed for me before. I merged the PR anyway, but I'll
take a look if it breaks for me again in the future. Thanks for
looking into it! :)