Gophercloud's Future Course

Samuel Falvo II

Apr 14, 2014, 4:44:54 PM4/14/14
to gophercloud-dev
Apologies for lack of 0.2.0-related progress; I've been wicked busy at
the office. However, a nice conversation picked up on which APIs to
support and with what implementation priority. Obviously, top
priorities are listed towards the top.

1. Cloud Files (Swift)
2. Cloud Servers (Nova)
3. Cloud Block Storage (Cinder)
4. Cloud Images (Glance)
5. Cloud Backup
6. Cloud Load Balancers
7. Cloud Databases (Trove)
8. Cloud Networks (Quantum)
9. Cloud DNS
10. Cloud Monitoring
11. Autoscale
12. Cloud Orchestration (Heat)
13. Cloud Queues (Marconi)
14. Ceilometer
15. Cloud Identity (beyond simple authentication)

I think Jon's work with the 0.2.0 release of Swift looks pretty good
so far. I haven't taken the time to run the tests myself, yet. But,
Jon, if you're confident it can be good enough for a 0.2.0 release,
can I trouble you to submit a pull-request to merge it into the 0.2.0
branch?

I still need to finish up some of the cloud servers API yet (things
like automatic re-auth, finishing some more of the server tasks,
etc.).

But, between the cloud files and cloud servers API implementation, I
think we're darn close to releasing 0.2.0. I figure subsequent
versions can provide more cloud files endpoints as required by
customers, and as well additional APIs, basically in order of the
above list, from top down.

Thoughts?

--
Samuel A. Falvo II

Jon Perritt

Apr 14, 2014, 6:17:45 PM4/14/14
to gopherc...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for lack of 0.2.0-related progress; I've been wicked busy at
the office.  However, a nice conversation picked up on which APIs to
support and with what implementation priority.  Obviously, top
priorities are listed towards the top.

1. Cloud Files (Swift)
2. Cloud Servers (Nova)
3. Cloud Block Storage (Cinder)
4. Cloud Images (Glance)
5. Cloud Backup
6. Cloud Load Balancers
7. Cloud Databases (Trove)
8. Cloud Networks (Quantum)
9. Cloud DNS
10. Cloud Monitoring
11. Autoscale
12. Cloud Orchestration (Heat)
13. Cloud Queues (Marconi)
14. Ceilometer
15. Cloud Identity (beyond simple authentication)

This looks right to me.

I think Jon's work with the 0.2.0 release of Swift looks pretty good
so far.  I haven't taken the time to run the tests myself, yet.  But,
Jon, if you're confident it can be good enough for a 0.2.0 release,
can I trouble you to submit a pull-request to merge it into the 0.2.0
branch?

All the Swift tests are passing for me, and I'll do continue to test against the API.

PR sent.

I still need to finish up some of the cloud servers API yet (things
like automatic re-auth, finishing some more of the server tasks,
etc.).

But, between the cloud files and cloud servers API implementation, I
think we're darn close to releasing 0.2.0.  I figure subsequent
versions can provide more cloud files endpoints as required by
customers, and as well additional APIs, basically in order of the
above list, from top down.

Thoughts?

This sounds reasonable to me. +1