Strange Error While running Google APIs through Java Application

Andy

May 9, 2002, 8:51:04 PM5/9/02
Can anyone help ??? - I built a simple java application (in
JDeveloper) that calls the GoogleAPIDemo class to perform a search.
It works fine when I do this through the command line (as in the
example code), but when I try it though my interface, I always get the
same error, which is:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String
org.w3c.dom.Nod.getNamespaceURI()

.... and then a load of what look to be a trace of method calls.

Can anyone help? I am using JDeveloper and the java version is
JDK1.2.2.

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Hanxue Lee

Jun 5, 2002, 1:19:38 AM6/5/02

> Exception occurred during event dispatching:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String
> org.w3c.dom.Nod.getNamespaceURI()
>
> .... and then a load of what look to be a trace of method calls.

Perhaps you can post the stack trace here?

Austin

Jun 7, 2002, 12:05:00 PM6/7/02
han...@myrealbox.com (Hanxue Lee) wrote in message news:<35084727.02060...@posting.google.com>...

Hello, I have the same problem, the stack trace is....

Directive = cached
Args = http://www.google.com
Cached page:
============
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
at com.google.soap.search.GoogleSearch.callRemoteMethodUsingSOAP(GoogleSearch.java:321)
at com.google.soap.search.GoogleSearch.doGetCachedPage(GoogleSearch.java:198)
at GoogleAPIDemo.main(GoogleAPIDemo.java:51)

Thanks

Austin

Jun 8, 2002, 3:58:10 AM6/8/02
Update ***
I have it working now but here was the problem...

My error came from using an older java compiler, probably version 1.2.
I upgraded to version 1.4 and everything runs fine.

I hope this is of some use
thanks