Which Java API/VM is supported?

1 view

Peter Gloor

Oct 6, 2003, 2:40:59 PM10/6/03
I'm trying to implement the example (slightly modified) in a Lotus
Notes application but have some difficulties to do so.

Lotus Notes 6 currently supports Java 1.3.1. Is this supported?
My guess is that I need a Java 1.4.x VM to get my application running.

Peter Gloor

Oct 7, 2003, 5:17:42 AM10/7/03
pgl...@gmx.net (Peter Gloor) wrote in message news:<89cb75de.03100...@posting.google.com>...

Here is some more information about my issue:

Running GoogleAPITest with following parameters:
Client key = <TheKeyIDontTellYou>
Directive = search
Args = Notes Development

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node:
method getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
at com.google.soap.search.GoogleSearch.callRemoteMethodUsingSOAP(GoogleSearch.java:346)
at com.google.soap.search.GoogleSearch.doSearch(GoogleSearch.java:194)
at GoogleAPITest.NotesMain(GoogleAPITest.java:46)
at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)
at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(NotesThread.java:208)

For those not familiar with Lotus Notes/Domino it might be important
to know that org.w3c.dom.Node is alredy contained in a XML4j.jar file
(IBM/Lotus XML implementation).

If I take a look at the org.w3c.dom.Node in XML4j.jar I cannot find a
method getNamespaceURI().

There is obviousely a mismatch that leads to the problem. But how to
overcome this?

I heard about similar issues in IBM Websphere. While IBM Websphere
allows to overcome the problem with some configuration changes I
currently cannot see a way to solve the problem in Lotus Notes/Domino.

If you tell me that Java 1.4.x is required, then I need to give up
here. In this case I'll be lost anyway.

If you tell me it it will run on Java 1.3.1 as well and the problem is
only the version mismatch in the libraries, than I can continue to
find a solution.

Any information and ideas are welcome.

Peter