Website docs: incorporate gwt-maven-plugin ?

Kay Pac

Jul 8, 2016, 1:52:28 PM7/8/16
to GWT Users
What do people think about incorporating some notes for users for gwt-maven-plugin on the website? For instance I am reviewing the JUnit testing guide and there is no help for me as a user of gwt-maven-plugin. I realize there is a risk of providing too much or conflicting information, but I also think there should be a resource that has corresponding steps for users of the maven plugin, not just ant users.

http://www.gwtproject.org/doc/latest/tutorial/JUnit.html

For instance:
Run the JUnit test in development mode.
Thoughts?

Kay

Thomas Broyer

Jul 8, 2016, 2:23:07 PM7/8/16
to GWT Users
This is the tutorial, and the tutorial is written with WebAppCreator and Ant, or Eclipse, in mind.
It's probably a good idea to update it to "something else" (Maven or Gradle; I'd personally prefer Gradle), but that's much broader than just JUnit.
The doc for testing is at http://www.gwtproject.org/doc/latest/DevGuideTesting.html, and should probably either be updated to also cover Maven (that webAppCreator also supports, but then make sure you use GWT 2.8, as things have changed between 2.7 and 2.8), or to remove everything specific to build tools.

If it doesn't take too much time making the changes, feel free to make pull requests. If you think it'd be quite long, then better wait for feedback from others ;-)
Also don't hesitate to join GWT-Contrib if you intend to contribute to the docs (or anything else, even just testing the snapshots): https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-web-toolkit-contributors

Kay Pac

Jul 10, 2016, 5:33:45 PM7/10/16
to GWT Users
Thanks for your feedback. I need to come up to speed on the changes - I am on 2.8 right now.

David Jacobs

Jul 14, 2016, 6:45:26 AM7/14/16
to GWT Users
nice