Problems with gwt plugin and eclipse

TBirch

Aug 29, 2010, 3:44:12 PM8/29/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I am running 64 bit windows vista and for some reason I am getting
this error:
Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Google Web Toolkit Project Validator' on
project 'contacts'.
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject

I have tried several versions of eclipse and and the only way I seem
to be able to create and run a standard gwt project in eclipse is by
going back to an older version of eclipse i.e Version:
3.5.0.v20090611a-9gEeG1HFtQcmRThO4O3aR_fqSMvJR2sJ
Build id: I20090611-1540

Anyone have any suggestions as I have tried every other combination of
32 and 64 bit eclipse with gwt plugin I can think of.
Thanks

AlexG

Aug 30, 2010, 4:52:11 AM8/30/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi TBirch

I also had problems, ehwn I get started with GWT.
I am using Windows 7 64-Bit.

I have the followong Verison installed, and everything
works fine:

Eclipse Helios 3.6 32-Bit !!
Plugins fomr the Eclipse-plugin-install-feature

Be sure you have a Java 32-Bit JDK installed, otherwise
this will nor work with Eclipse 32-Bit.

Greets Alex

TBirch

Aug 30, 2010, 9:25:27 AM8/30/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check the on the jdk version on
that machine.
However, I also have a 32 bit vista machine. This morning on the 32
bit machine I downloaded the helios 3.6 version of eclipse and the 3.6
version of the gwt plugin. When trying to create a standard gwt
project I get the same error as on the 64 bit machine:
Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Google Web Toolkit Project Validator' on
project 'contacts'.
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject

My problem does not seem to be related to a 64 bit versus 32 issue.
Could there be another piece of software on both of my machines that
could be causing a problem?
Thanks, Terry

On Aug 30, 4:52 am, AlexG <alexander.gauss.ax...@googlemail.com>

AlexG

Sep 1, 2010, 9:53:54 AM9/1/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi TBirch,

hmmm it really seems that something is going wrong on your
machines. Don´t know why it isn´t working on your machine.

If you have everything as 32-Bit-versions, than it should work.
Maybe someone else had this problem?

Greets Alex

TBirch

Sep 2, 2010, 7:43:43 AM9/2/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Alex,
Thanks for your help. I've tried everything I can think of.
I will just have to continue using an older version of eclipse and the
gwt plugin for now
as they work okay on both machines.
Terry

On Sep 1, 9:53 am, AlexG <alexander.gauss.ax...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi TBirch,
>
> hmmm it really seems that something is going wrong on your
> machines. Don´t know why it isn´t working on your machine.
>
> If you have everything as 32-Bit-versions, than it should work.
> Maybe someone else had thisproblem?
>
> Greets Alex
>
> On 30 Aug., 15:25, TBirch <tjfbi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> > Hi Alex,
>
> > Thanks for your suggestion. I will check the on the jdk version on
> > that machine.
> > However, I also have a 32 bit vista machine. This morning on the 32
> > bit machine I downloaded the helios 3.6 version of eclipse and the 3.6
> > version of thegwtplugin. When trying to create a standardgwt
> > project I get the same error as on the 64 bit machine:
> > Errors occurred during the build.
> > Errorsrunningbuilder 'Google Web Toolkit Project Validator' on
> > project 'contacts'.
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel cannot be cast to
> > org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject
>
> > Myproblemdoes not seem to be related to a 64 bit versus 32 issue.
> > Could there be another piece of software on both of my machines that
> > could be causing aproblem?
> > Thanks, Terry
>
> > On Aug 30, 4:52 am, AlexG <alexander.gauss.ax...@googlemail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Hi TBirch
>
> > > I also had problems, ehwn I get started withGWT.
> > > I am using Windows 7 64-Bit.
>
> > > I have the followong Verison installed, and everything
> > > works fine:
>
> > > Eclipse Helios 3.6 32-Bit !!
> > > Plugins fomr the Eclipse-plugin-install-feature
>
> > > Be sure you have a Java 32-Bit JDK installed, otherwise
> > > this will nor work with Eclipse 32-Bit.
>
> > > Greets Alex

Rajeev Dayal

Sep 6, 2010, 6:40:15 PM9/6/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry that I'm late on replying to this thread. TBirch, can you take a look at your Error Log (Window -> Show View -> Error Log), and see if there is a full stack trace listed for the error that you're describing? There may be some sort of API change that we haven't accounted for in Eclipse 3.6. My gut instinct is that 32- vs. 64-bit shouldn't matter, since the error seems to be happening in non-native code..

Thanks,
Rajeev

TBirch

Sep 7, 2010, 4:59:04 PM9/7/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Rajeev,

I have the same error using either eclipse or Springsource Sts with
Roo. I am not sure if any of what follows helps but these two sections
are from my error log.
Thanks, Terry

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel
cannot be cast to org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathEntry.getLocation(RuntimeClasspathEntry.java:
428)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.computeDefaultRuntimeClassPath(JavaRuntime.java:
1375)
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.runtime.GWTRuntime
$ProjectBoundSdk.createClassLoader(GWTRuntime.java:88)
at
com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.runtime.GWTRuntime.containsSCL(GWTRuntime.java:
484)
at
com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.validators.GWTProjectValidator.build(GWTProjectValidator.java:
89)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager
$2.run(BuildManager.java:629)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:
172)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:
203)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager
$1.run(BuildManager.java:255)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:
258)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:
311)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:
343)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:
144)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:
242)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:
2.4.2:resources (default-resources) on project gwtroo: Execution
default-resources of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-
plugin:2.4.2:resources failed: Unable to load the mojo 'resources' in
the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.2'. A
required class is missing: org/apache/maven/shared/filtering/
MavenFilteringException
realm = plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:
2.4.2
strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy
urls[0] = file:/C:/Users/terry/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/
maven-resources-plugin/2.4.2/maven-resources-plugin-2.4.2.jar
urls[1] = file:/C:/Users/terry/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/
plexus-utils/1.5.15/plexus-utils-1.5.15.jar
urls[2] = file:/C:/Users/terry/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.1/
junit-3.8.1.jar
urls[3] = file:/C:/Users/terry/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/shared/
maven-filtering/1.0-beta-4/maven-filtering-1.0-beta-4.jar
urls[4] = file:/C:/Users/terry/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/
plexus-interpolation/1.13/plexus-interpolation-1.13.jar
Number of foreign imports: 4
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlSerializer
from realm ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]]
import: Entry[import
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException from realm
ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParser
from realm ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.Xpp3Dom from realm
ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]]
Number of parent imports: 20
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.personality from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.logging from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.context from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.container from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.configuration from realm
null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.component from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusContainerException from
realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusContainer from realm
null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusConstants from realm
null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.MutablePlexusContainer from
realm null]
import: Entry[import
org.codehaus.plexus.DuplicateChildContainerException from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer from
realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultContainerConfiguration
from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentRegistry from
realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.ContainerConfiguration from
realm null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.plexus.ComponentRegistry from realm
null]
import: Entry[import org.codehaus.classworlds from realm null]
import: Entry[import org.apache.maven from realm null]

realm = plexus.core
strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy
Number of foreign imports: 0

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
593)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
324)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:247)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:104)
at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.execute(MavenImpl.java:
233)
at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericBuildParticipant.executePostBuild(GenericBuildParticipant.java:
139)
at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericBuildParticipant.build(GenericBuildParticipant.java:
78)
at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:
153)
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution
[...]

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
119)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
577)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginContainerException: Unable to
[...]

org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:
407)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
94)
... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/shared/
filtering/MavenFilteringException
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Class.java:1459)
at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ReflectionUtil.findConstructor(ReflectionUtil.java:
527)
at org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.findFactory(ObjectRecipe.java:
532)
at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(ObjectRecipe.java:
270)
at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:
96)
at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:
61)
at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:
49)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.builder.XBeanComponentBuilder.createComponentInstance(XBeanComponentBuilder.java:
159)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.builder.XBeanComponentBuilder.build(XBeanComponentBuilder.java:
123)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:
181)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.PerLookupComponentManager.getComponent(PerLookupComponentManager.java:
51)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentRegistry.getComponent(DefaultComponentRegistry.java:
358)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentRegistry.lookup(DefaultComponentRegistry.java:
178)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:
388)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:
388)
... 21 more
org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.MavenFilteringException
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass(SelfFirstStrategy.java:
50)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:
244)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:
230)
... 38 more
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Rajeev Dayal

Sep 8, 2010, 1:07:01 PM9/8/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information. Are you able to look at your build classpath? Can you list out all of the entries on your build classpath for the problematic project?

TBirch

Sep 8, 2010, 3:05:01 PM9/8/10
to Google Web Toolkit

There are four items on the Order and Export Tab and only the first
two are marked for export:
contacts/src
contacts/test
GWT SDK GWT - 2.0.4